• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If Rhino is out for a while...

Midwinter

State Captain
"if harris cant play in the first test we really have to consider picking Steve Magoffin" - Spikey

Did you miss this from the other thread.

Bird is already over there and playing

adub

International Captain
1. Magoffin
2. Bird

ok other options (playing Siddle isn't really a serious option)

adub

International Captain
My thought was either Cummins or Patto, but I wouldn't mind Behrendorff at all.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fair chance it'll be Bird IMO unless he's locked in to his county contract.
Nobody is locked in that much that they'd miss an ashes chance. Ok you might not go back to that county again but it would be a bit petty to deny a player a chance to join up with their country even if it is at short notice.

TheJediBrah

bizarre no ones mentioned Faulkner. He's ahead of Bollinger, Behrendorff, probably even Bird as well in the selector's eyes. Probably not just for his bowling though, which is very underrated.

Pattinson should be next in line, and Pat Cummins should not even be close to national selection atm (how he is so highly rated is a mystery to me).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Has Behrendorff played any competive cricket since going down with a serious injury?

Actually a faulkner debut would be sweet.

Last edited:

Spikey

Bollinger a possibility imo.
Dont reckon they'd pick another leftie. I'd actually be pretty surprised if they went with Bird though. Was disappointing in 2013, and hasn't done much in the past few months. I think they could look past him. NCN perhaps a chance.

hilf is also in the country....

Spikey

he needs to inform them how to pronounce his last name before he gets a gig

Gob

International Coach
its just a soreness so normally i wouldn't pick anyone but since its peter siddle who is left in case of another injury i just might. bird ftr