• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If Rhino is out for a while...

Gob

International Coach
yeah forkers is a cover if one of watson/mmarsh goes down. not for one of the front line quicks.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How on earth would Faulkner replace an opening bowler.
Perfect example of how underrated his first-class bowling is

casual fans only watch him in ODIs and think "oh he's a slogger who bowls slower balls he won't be any good in Tests"

smh

edit: although tbf it's hard to push your test case when you're too busy playing ODIs and T20Is to play much first-class cricket at all. Maxwell has the same problem. Maxwell is easily as good a first-class batsman (if not better) than S Marsh or Joe Burns but he hardly ever gets a chance.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach

casual fans only watch him in ODIs and think "oh he's a slogger who bowls slower balls and then drink and drive so he won't be any good in Tests"

smh

edit: although tbf it's hard to push your test case when you're too busy playing ODIs and T20Is to play much first-class cricket at all. Maxwell has the same problem. Maxwell is easily as good a first-class batsman (if not better) than S Marsh or Joe Burns but he hardly ever gets a chance.
fixed

Spikey

"You've gotta get me out of here Saul, I'm supposed to make my debut tonight"

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Hilf has sucked in County Cricket so far. Bird isn't especially fit at the moment. If you want a right armer it'd be NCN, Sayers or perhaps even a bolting Can-do Sandhu.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

casual fans only watch him in ODIs and think "oh he's a slogger who bowls slower balls he won't be any good in Tests"

smh

Yes yes, CricketWeb being a noted home of casual fans who do nothing but watch ODIs and can be proven wrong by a simple look at the spreadsheets. I don't think a single CricketWeb user has ever watched a ball of Sheffield Shield cricket.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

smh

So you would open the bowling with Faulkner? Seriously??

I don't think I rate your opinions on cricket if you would advocate that.

Surprised I bothered opening this thread at all.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

So you would open the bowling with Faulkner? Seriously??

I don't think I rate your opinions on cricket if you would advocate that.

Surprised I bothered opening this thread at all.
1) never said I'd open with Faulkner

2) not that he couldn't. Still a better option than pretty much everyone else except Johnson, Hazlewood, Harris, Starc or Pattinson. Assuming he's sober.

Not sure if you've never followed Aus domestic cricket or just have a very short memory tbh

Spikey

Faulkner is more of a first change bowler, because that gives him enough time for his blood alcohol levels to drop