• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The good guys' squad TBA any second. Excited.

England to win by an innings

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cook, Ali, Anderson, Ballance, Bell, Broad, Buttler, Finn, Lyth, Rashid, Root, Stokes, Wood

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Can't understand Finn over Footit. There's no way Finn will play, why call up Footit for the training camp then just send him back? Other than that a decent squad. The line-up makes itself.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Rashid thing is going to get even louder now. If Moeen does play the first test he is going to be under so much pressure, nervous for him. Or we go bowler mad and play 6 of them...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
The Rashid thing is going to get even louder now. If Moeen does play the first test he is going to be under so much pressure, nervous for him. Or we go bowler mad and play 6 of them...
Taking Rashid for Ali will be a risky decision that may backfire. England probably needs to take risky decisions though, if they want to make any impact in this series.

dfrinku

U19 Debutant
More than half the squad falls within the first three letters of the alphabet. Not sure if we should read any more into that but something to think about the the Aussies.

FBU

International Debutant
Rashid will only play as a second spinner. Last time we played two spinners in Cardiff 1/246. That was with Swann and Panesar.

U19 12th Man
I don't think Harris was going to play in this match, so his injury doesn't alter things too much.

Haze is looming like a colossus over this series I feel. I think Johnson will do a lot of the damage, but Hazlewood is going to keep Cook and Bell awake at night.

Riggins

International Captain
Yeah hopefully Haze can do that Harris/Siddle role of getting the good players out so MJ can just rip through the guys who aren't quite up to it / the tail.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Cook, Ali, Anderson, Ballance, Bell, Broad, Buttler, Finn, Lyth, Rashid, Root, Stokes, Wood
Rashid's name is not a noun, verb, adjective or inappropriate ***ual reference so I don't think he fits in this side. Root though..3 out of 4.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rashid will only play as a second spinner. Last time we played two spinners in Cardiff 1/246. That was with Swann and Panesar.
Sky last night were suggesting that he would play as a second spinner and move Stokes up the order as a batsman who bowls a little.

Not sure who they advocated dropping but it didn't make sense to me.