• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Have tried to stop myself getting too carried away but he looks the best bat I have ever seen for England. Just hope it continues for a long time and isn't a 12 month thing like Vaughan's form was.
We'd better not make Root captain at any time soon then, as that's what did for Vaughan's golden run.

As for today, I suppose it's hard to call when only one side has batted and made 340 for 7. You'd think it's a bit under par, but we'll see. I'm just worried that Aus replied with 600+ to similar score last time we were here and we don't have Collingwood & Panesar to help bat out the final day. I think someone should be repeatedly showing Broad footage of his magic spell at The Oval in 2009 when he pitched it up and let it wobble around on a similar sort of pitch.

Riggins

International Captain
Yes of course. I was responding to Riggins who said in swing tend to get more out side edges and i didn't say anything about the inside edges carrying to the keeper.
What? The discussion was centred on Haddin's keeping.

Woodster

International Captain
The encouraging thing today for England's bowling unit is the fact it did swing around for much of the opening day which should mean we have the ability with this attack to threaten throughout.

If we can get ourselves over 400 we will be in an excellent position to go hard at the Aussies today!!

ajdude

International Coach
why does moeen ali get the full name treatment on the ch9 scorecard?

i guess it's just in case the youngsters might think kabir is playing

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
why does moeen ali get the full name treatment on the ch9 scorecard?

i guess it's just in case the youngsters might think kabir is playing
islamic name. they dont know what to do. if he was playing for pakistan he'd be down as just Moeen probably

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got to last 8 overs here and see off Johnson, then Clarke has a decision to make. Hazlewood will bowl 6 or 7 I would imagine, maybe more but with Starc possibly stuffed we need to get overs into this pair.