• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
So, I think this is going to be the XI for the 1st test:

Rogers
Warner
Smith
Clarke
Voges
MMarsh
Haddin
Johnson
Starc
Haze
Lyon

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Agreed. The only other selection that's a slim possibility is them finding room for the other Marsh. I think they will leave him as backup and Voges/Rogers starting the first couple of tests poorly will see him come in. Results will help them I feel. If we win 2 it's harder to justify bringing in a new bat.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed. The only other selection that's a slim possibility is them finding room for the other Marsh. I think they will leave him as backup and Voges/Rogers starting the first couple of tests poorly will see him come in. Results will help them I feel. If we win 2 it's harder to justify bringing in a new bat.
Ya, even if you win 1 and draw 1, the batting order may remain unchanged

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah when I was listening a fair few of those byes (if not all of them) were ones that basically flew two metres over his head. Not much you can do about those.

Spark

Global Moderator
So uh Jesse isn't interested in hanging around. Literally slogging at every single ball he's faced.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
So uh Jesse isn't interested in hanging around. Literally slogging at every single ball he's faced.
I don't think he was especially happy at having to play the match, so opted against taking it seriously.

Gob

International Coach
As the ashes draws ever so closer, its time to get your selves pumped up by listening to

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
George Dobell making a good point on Cricinfo. After all the talk of brands of cricket people are going to be so disappointed when after an hour tomorrow morning they remember that the series is going to be played on slow roads.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think there is a decent chance they will not all be like that, not a lot of hope for Cardiff though. Don't care right now though, got all this test off work and can't wait.