• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

aussie tragic

International Captain
He's shot, isn't he. At the risk of bandwaggoning, I'd rather see Bairstow given a run in the middle order, and I don't give a monkeys about his track record for England two to three years ago. Anyway, perhaps that's for another thread,
No, please leave Bell in the team :)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Couple of points from this sessionhazelwood is going to be a nightmare to try and get away.

Haddin is shot.

Starc is within a whisker of developing into a complete force of nature. This bloke could be anything. Putting it out there now. He'll end up being compared with Wasim Akram.

Lyon's wicket was quality.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's mostly due to him being Boult's bunny. One would assume another left arm swing bowler of similar quality would have him on toast.
As good as the Aussie bowlers are, I don't think any of the current ones quite have the accuracy in full length deliveries of Boult. Certainly not Starc, anyway.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
wait lunch is still at 1pm? LMS consequences here. reduced session could burn us

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
As good as the Aussie bowlers are, I don't think any of the current ones quite have the accuracy in full length deliveries of Boult. Certainly not Starc, anyway.
Yeah I thought Starc's extra pace might offset that but Ballance seems to be dealing with it well. Kinda surprised at Starc's issues with left handers tbh, the vast majority of left armers love bowling to lefties.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah I thought Starc's extra pace might offset that but Ballance seems to be dealing with it well. Kinda surprised at Starc's issues with left handers tbh, the vast majority of left armers love bowling to lefties.
Trying to work out why it is he has a problem. I think Holding was on to something when he was talking about how close to the stumps he gets. Means he can bowl a very attacking line to the right handers with everything hitting the stumps, but the opposite problem for the left handers. It's either magic balls or more likely drifting onto the pads or swinging from the hand outside off. What makes left armers like Boult so hard to face for LHBs is the angle in and then movement away, but Starc doesn't really get the same angle in.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
England really need a QLD Origin like performance from one of their top 6. An excellent 40* inside 60 minutes is what they should be after.