• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So when do we declare? I'd at least let both of these guys get to their 25 before calling it in

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Okay, it was a facetious comment based on WPDavid saying Jimmeh would average over 30 in his career by the end of this series, after he didn't take a wicket for a few overs.

Yet in the end, just forget it.............
We'll see. Suffice to say he's been terrific in this test after that initial pre-lunch session yesterday. Really has bowled well and I'll be thrilled if & when he proves me wrong.
If I was in self-justification mode, I'd explain that it was as much based on how his series tailed off last time Aus were over here, but none of it really matters.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
So when do we declare? I'd at least let both of these guys get to their 25 before calling it in
The forecast is better for Sunday as it looks like the bulk of rain is coming on Saturday night but we're gonna need quite a few overs to bowl them out as it goes pretty flat when the shine comes off the ball.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A work in progress, someone who is more creative/familiar with Moeens game to modify.

Moeen, Moeen, Moeen, Moeen,
We're begging of you please don't take our man
Please don't take him just because you can
Your beard is beyond compare
With thick and supple jet black hair
With wispiness the best we've ever seen

Your action is a breath of spring
Your stance is smooth like summer rain
And we cannot compete with you, Moeen

They talk 'bout you cross the land
There's magic comes from that right hand
We'll never forget the name, Moeen

And we can easily understand
How you could easily take our man
But you don't know what he means to us, Moeen

We're begging of you please don't take our man
Please don't take him just because you can
Your beard is beyond compare
With thick and supple jet black hair
With a wispiness the best we've ever seen

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The forecast is better for Sunday as it looks like the bulk of rain is coming on Saturday night but we're gonna need quite a few overs to bowl them out as it goes pretty flat when the shine comes off the ball.
Yeah, I was wondering about that, as I'd read that there wouldn't be much play on Day 5. Interesting decision about the declaration if we don't get bowled out.

91Jmay

International Coach
Not sure you want to be banging short balls in to be honest. Pitching it up worked for us and it is swinging a bit.