• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

91Jmay

International Coach
First 30 mins set the tone there. Wood/Broad conceded 1 run in first 6 overs and got rid of Lyon and the nightwatchman

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Heh, I hate being a gutless bastard, i was thinking that Australia wouldn't make much more than 300, but when i saw all those predictions of 350+ scores in the sweepstake I decided to keep my mouth shut.

**** me how crucial was that Haddin drop? Basically accounts for the entire first innings deficit.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah on further thought I don't think Haddin will get dropped because it would be viewed as a conceding a psychological advantage. Plus it could easily be his last series.

Who knows, maybe he'll turn it around, but he does look well short of his best and is definitely a liability at present.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That was just a perfect morning for England, they've done very well so far after being 3-40 odd.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we score 200 this should be a win. Might help if we do get bowled out for 200-250 as we can wrap it up tomorrow then before the rain on Sunday.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Australia lose this test I think both Haddin and Watson will be dropped for Lords. Pretty result dependant though.

edit: Actually now that I think about it more I think Haddin would get another game or two.
Watson should go, especially given 1. he's not bowling enough and 2. the wickets will presumably quicken up, but he has the feel of a ****roach.

Haddin will survive until the end of the series I feel. Should be dropped even if he scored runs this innings, we probably win if he holds onto the Root catch.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh, I hate being a gutless bastard, i was thinking that Australia wouldn't make much more than 300, but when i saw all those predictions of 350+ scores in the sweepstake I decided to keep my mouth shut.

**** me how crucial was that Haddin drop? Basically accounts for the entire first innings deficit.
Said at the time that 430 would prove to be a very good score and England would have been lucky to make 200 if Haddin had taken that catch

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I think I've heard more Poms than Aussies commentate on Nine, tbh. :p
Not sure Mark Nicholas really counts as a Pom these days and Vaughan is just as bad as the rest of the 9 crew........it really is horrible listening. I take it Fox sports would have the sky crew on? Seriously thinking of forking out 50 bucks so I don't have to put up with these dire ****s