• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bananarama - Peter Siddle's Ashes tour diary

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Dear Diary,

Wednesday 24 June

As I demolish my 4th banana this morning, I gaze around the room at all the quicks without a Test hat-trick and I wonder why, and how I'm no longer the leader of the attack?
I need to be in the XI at Cardiff, Starc and Haze are both younger then me so I hope this gem of mine has confused the selectors:

Australian team has experience to win series in England |

Thursday, 25 June

Just went to a lovely party with Nate, yolo

Friday, 26 June

Yes, I think it has worked! Up against the might of Kent we've picked an older, and more experienced XI. Is this our likely Test XI? Davey wasn't that bad in the Windies was he? I guess he did make more mistakes over there than I did.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sunday 28 June

Dear Diary,

Denly is my bitch. My aim was to take top order wickets against Kent and I did exactly that while keeping the runs down.

I was pleased with my catching in this game too. It has been a very long time since I've been able to catch A.Ball and to do it twice in one game is a big achievement.

Monday 29 June

Wimledon kicked off today and it was great to see young NSW quick Gurinder Sandhu win comfortably in 3 sets.

About to head on out to watch Stuart Broad, OUT, he's got it! Siddle has taken a hat-trick! Full and swinging in, Broad is too slow on that ball, he's struck on the toe and Aleem Dar gives it lbw! Broad asks for the review, leaving Siddle nervously awaiting his hat-trick fate. Tony Hill views the replay: it's a super yorker, hitting on the full on the toe, in line, hitting the stumps and no bat involved in action now, can't wait.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tuesday 30 June

Peter Siddle retweeted
Piers Morgan @piersmorgan
I want to die.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thursday July 2

Arguably the best bowler today and Lyon-oh robbed be of a likely 100 but certain 50. I was seeing the ball really well just like on that occasion when I scored 50 in both innings of a Test match.

Perhaps I belong in the allrounder discussion, I can keep it tight (like Watto) I try but fail regularly with the bat (Watto) and I can bowl almost as fast as him.

Anyway, one more 'accident' to one of our quicks and im back where I belong.

192 wickets plus 2 innings at Cardiff = 194 Test wickets yesss

Gob

International Coach
Mitchelle Johnson @Mitchjohnson398. 22m

just found a banana peel on my doorstep #awfulroomservice

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Friday July 3

I can't really chat much today as I'm going to a business meeting with this careers guy named Pat. Watto swears by him.

Pat Murphy ‏@patmurphybbc 13m13 minutes ago
The loss of Harris means Peter Siddle's reliability could get the nod over Hazlewood for the Cardiff Test.Controlled foil to Johnson & Starc

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This thread may become more interesting throughout the tour than we initially thought.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sunday 5 July 2015

The beautiful man Ryan Harris has retired from Test Cricket. I feel honored to have helped Rhino have such a good career by building a helluva lot of pressure when bowling in tandem and just my presence in the field. My big gripe though are the comments mentioning his big heart, it is a nice enough story to sell some papers but just not accurate.

Dr Seuss once said “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” and that is exactly how I feel after meeting Joey Essex today. He cheered me up a bit after hearing Pat Cummins, who is another young spud from NSW has joined Haze, Starc and Sandhu in wearing whites this English summer.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tuesday 7 July 2015

Last night I had a heart to big heart with Pup. We talked about life but also Cricket and the key message was to strike fear into batsman again, just like when I was the LOTA.

So this morning Pup asked me to bowl full-tilt at the local under 16's

Sidds was unplayable - nobody laid a bat on him today in the nets.