Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Bananarama - Peter Siddle's Ashes tour diary

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Defamation laws are quite clear in Aus
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

what a thread
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    This is in my top ten threads of all time.
    1) Ross is Boss.
    2) See point 1.

Leading the charge against nuances being used in posts.

Overrated XI M Bracewell, Burns, Rahane, Don Voges, Bairstow, Alecz Day, Donovan Grobelaar, Luke Ronchi, Faulkner, Dan Christian, Permaul

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Sunday 12 July 2015
    Guess whos back, back again, Siddy's back tell a friend!

What a night. Ive had a longish dry spell but to my credit ive been saying the right things, practising hard and often and just doing the 1 percenters which is important at the end of the day.

The most pleasing part of the performance was my speed which I kept up for the entire session, thank you CA for allowing girlfriends on tour so early.
    Pup watched my session intently and said afterwards my length was impeccable, as was my seam position. That sort of praise really gives you the energy for a second or even third session.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Tuesday 14 July 2015

A little known fact is that before each Test match, Boof asks a prominent figure in society to read out the Australian Test team. Its a wonderful idea which often brings the team closer.

Weve had Bruce McAvaney, David Attenborough, the South Park writers (there Stan Darsh/Shaun Marsh gag was the best) Fran Drescher and Geoff Boycott to name a few.

Well last night it was the turn of a famous Mexican football commentator who is famous for his prolonged goallllll commentary.

It srarted off smoothly enough, we were in hysterics as it took him longer than the English bowlers took at Cardiff to get through our middle order. I was getting a little sleepy when I heard Ppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeetttttt and I lept up out of my chair high-fiving everyone bar Starc who I ankled-five, then tragedy struck.. There is another Peter in our squad, WTF? The team were supportive of me but I can tell you the rest of my Tofu tasted cold.

Now this Nevill character is a nice enough guy but I thought he was just a works experience kid like he was at the Renegades during the last Big Bash. I do feel a bit bad now when I said to Hads the other day that the work expierence kid would have caught Root (after Nevill's decent showing vs Essex).

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Incredible quality!

Wednesday 15 July

As a result of last nights events I have decided to change my name to Paire Siddle.

Firstly, I heart fruit, secondly I have a love of the french renaissance and thirdly my adoring fans can still continue to call be P Siddy.

If anyone ever says its based on my batting ability to score a pair, ill just tell em they hate anyone with abilities and do a ball by ball recount of my paire of 50s at Delhi recently.

Wednesday 29 July

As a cricketing loving boy growing up in the greatest state of Australia I had one idol SK Warne. The bloke was a genius and most respected for his cricketing brain. I got to know Warney a bit playing for Victoria but his mentorship grew as I played for Australia. We used to have good banter our beloved AFL teams North Melbourne Kangaroos (Paire) and Saint Kilda Saints (Shane). If I made a joke that Harves possessions were low he'd pipe up with his famous "you've gotta be prepared to lose to win mate".

Warney was taking me for a ride into his sporting mind and I was impressed. I'd recently lost eating meat and was winning by saving so many animals lives that I thought I'd apply the same goal to my Cricket... And I can honestly say for the past 18 months of Cricket I've been trying to lose. This has been with the ball, bat and field and I've been patiently waiting for the day to win.

it has now come to my attention that the channel9 cricket has planned this all along. Heals wanted his nieces dopey boyfriend Starc in the team and it had come at my expense.. More on this later.
    harsh.ag, Tangles and indiaholic like this.
    Vote for CW top 50 ODI cricketers of all time here

Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    I'm concerned that this thread may have developed a plot.
    I get a nod, the tiny smile that doesn't come with teeth
    Maybe you don't know who I am

Wednesday 29 July - after dark

Eating banana flavored vegan custard #winning
    Hurricane likes this.

Thursday 6 August
    Tuning into the channel 9 commentary today, it has been really good, they are all very knowledgeable.

Thursday August 6

Allan Border Medal Voting 4th Test.
    3 points Fawad Ahmed - he hasn't let us down all series.
    2 Brad Haddin - gave good advice to Nev about how to bop the bowling over long off for six
    1 Allan Border - Good fighting spirit displayed when putting on the commentary ear-piece.

Morrrrrrrrrre
    Hurricane and hendrix like this.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

20 August 2015
    Finally!!!
    stephen and Jono like this.

21 August 2015

People often ask me what I like to read. I like to read articles like this.

Siddle riddle key to the Ashes | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

8.5/10 - loses a point for not including a picture of me.

Another thing people like to ask me, is what is it like to bowl in Test Cricket, I am going to give you an exclusive insight..

Hello there, it's Peter Siddle for a bowl. Been a while
    3 or 4 Tests too long, ****ing Rod Marsh.

Siddle to Bell, 1 run, starts with a loosener, short outside off, 78mph but Bell doesn't connect properly with a pull through midwicket
    I was a little nervous, but bowled a loosener on purpose. Firstly, so I can definitely be bowling as fast with the final ball of the day as my first ball of the day and also as I wanted to get at plodder Lyth, who Channel Nein's chosen one Starc has shown, is kind of ordinary.

Siddle to Lyth, OUT, short again and Lyth plops a catch into the hands of mid-on! Oh dear... Chances are fast running out for Lyth to convince, he latched on to what was little more than a long hop but could only spoon it gently into the leg side, where both mid-on and midwicket were waiting. Success for Siddle with only the second ball of his comeback
    You see! First ball I've got the kid out, too easy. When I take a wicket my reactions are as follows: 1) Yessssssss 2) If the wicket moves me up the Test wicket tally list 3) on this occasion, a big taste for Rod Marsh and co.

Siddle to Root, FOUR, short again, wide of the stumps and Root carves it away over gully for a four first ball. Likes to make that statement these days - brings up the England 50
    Siddle to Root, no run, pinned on the pads now, stuck on the crease... but Dharmasena decides it was heading down. Looked fairly close but Hawk-Eye says it would have missed, so Clarke right not to review
    Siddle to Root, no run, good length in the channel outside off and left alone
    Siddle to Root, no run, line and length in the corridor, too wide to make Root play
    First ball to Root, I was trying to draw an edge to slip didn't work exactly, but now he is loose. Next ball, what a ball, pretty unlucky. Next couple of balls were just classic bowling (take note Mitchx3, and Haze).

Just one over for P. Siddy, the Vegan Avenger... Mitch Johnson returns to take on Mighty Joe
    WTF? Why release the pressure.

Siddle to Bell, no run, that's a beauty, pitching just outside off and holding its line, missing the bat and stumps by a whisker
    Siddle to Bell, no run, a little wider, 84mph on a length and Bell watches it by
    Siddle to Bell, no run, width again, slightly short and Bell has an orgiastic swipe at it, misses completely
    Siddle to Bell, no run, gets across on off stump, lets a length ball through
    Siddle to Bell, no run, Siddle knows the lines and lengths to bowl in England, he gets Bell fiddling in the corridor again, just about held his bat inside the line
    Siddle to Bell, no run, another corridor-menacer from Sids, this time Bell shoulders arms deliberately

That's just a classic over. The first ball was a rip snorter and as shown by the comm, I know how to bowl in England.

Next over, a good over but 1 not so good ball, my first bad ball of the series, but it isn't a problem seeing Bell hit a cover drive, it becomes a problem once he hits 3 or 4 through there. Could do with a banana right about now.
    Siddle to Bell, FOUR, ah, lovely stuff, Bell finally clicks into liquid cricket mode, stepping out to spank a cover drive to the fence - England's first run in 33 balls
    Siddle to Root, no run, another sweet nut from Siddle, pitched up and straightening past the outside edge as Root was enticed into the drive
    This Root guy has just dominated our pace bowlers all series, I don't know how?

Siddle to Root, no run, good length on off stump, tapped short into the off side
    Siddle to Root, no run, length around off, stays in the crease and blocks, came off the inside edge
    Siddle to Root, no run, good bowling from Siddle, he moves this one back into the batsman, over the top of the stumps as Root leaves
    Siddle to Root, no run, draws him out and edged but again it falls short of first slip. Testing spell this
    Siddle to Root, no run, gets into line this time and defends with the face of the bat
    Siddle to Root, no run, fired in and past the inside edge, big appeal with Root again loitering in the crease, Dar slowly shakes his head... Looked like it hit him above the flap on the back leg, so would have been high, maybe heading down the leg side, too
    Classic over here. This is one of the best overs by an Australian all summer.

Siddle to Bell, no run, Siddle goes wide on the crease, fires it in and then holds the line outside off, Bell leaves
    Siddle to Bell, no run, pitched up and shaping away, again Bell ignores it
    Siddle to Bell, OUT, bowled him, clips the off bail with a corking delivery! This has been an exacting spell from Siddle, full of subtlety and skill, he found the perfect length to trouble the top of off, got the ball to hold down the line and beat Bell's defensive push - a real bail-trimmer. Siddle growls in approval and England are three down, looking ever-so-slightly wobbly
    Yessssssssssss, what a ball, see bowling to a plan works, really pleased with that, piss off Bell, piss off RodMarsh, piss off Warne etc etc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information