• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

8th thread - pick the Aus attack at Cardiff

Pick the attack

• Total voters

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ya I think Haze and Harris will be the most successful bowlers in England. Johnson will have the English tailenders for breakfast, lunch and dinner (that is Wood, Broad, Anderson). Starc will wreck havoc with the new ball, and struggle with the old one.

Lyon won't have a great SR; but he should concentrate on ending the series with a great ER and provide aggressive option in favorable conditions (4th innings, for example).

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
Wrong. Spinners were unplayable, and fast bowlers were difficult to play. It was a bowling pitch - and turn was not the only reason; there was variabnle bounce etc. Watch Jerome Taylor, Mitch.
scoring runs of quick bowlers was difficult for the batsmen but surviving against them was not.nah It was one of those slow as **** wickets where you get a lot of wickets caught in front of the wicket due to ball holding up of the surface and the quicker bowlers would have to rely on change of pace,bowling cutters etc to take wickets and that is not what i call a pitch conductive for quick bowling.

BeeGee

International Captain
I have no clue why Aus persist with Watson. In the last three years he averages 32 with the bat and 48 with the ball.

Time for M Marsh, IMO.

FBU

International Debutant
I feel that the team who plays the same bowlers throughout the series will do the best. Last Ashes Johnson, Harris and Siddle played all 5 Tests. England played 6 different fast bowlers

Last edited:

Riggins

International Captain
Bit of cause and effect there though. If you're getting walloped you're more likely to chop & change.

nevermind

U19 Debutant
Andrew Ramsey ‏@ARamseyCricket
Peter Siddle into the XI after Ryan Harris experienced knee soreness following Kent game. First Test prospects now dimming for him

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I think Watto almost has to play now for his bowling. I trust Haze to bowl accurately at Cook and test him but MJ and Starc could let him get in if they are offline early.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Starc has to be a lock especially after today, given he took 6 wickets compared to Hazlewood's 0 after bowling the equal number of overs - and he took wickets with the old ball.

adub

International Captain
With Rhino out now it's all academic, but great to see Starc coming good at exactly the right time. Haze not getting any isn't really a worry. He's just as likely to grab a Michelle on the last day as not. Only concern for the attack is if Lyono is good or if the poms are going to be able to successfully attack him.

Gob

International Coach
Not saying that that isn't true. But it's funny to see it being said of a guy who still averages over 30 in FC with the ball.
not really. first class averages can be misleading at times. look at nathen lyon for an example. averages 37.80 in fc cricket but we all know how great he is.