• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do Neutrals want to win?

Who do neutrals want to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I want events to transpire such that there is maximum wahhh accumulated from both sides. That will give me immense satisfaction.

Good cricket is secondary.

Flem274*

123/5
the five all draw suggested in the poll would be amazing tbf considering both teams would have to win every test

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm starting to like a few of the new English players so on the basis of who I like more I'm Rooting for them. Buuuuut Australia winning and then us beating Australia is better for NZ and the current teams legacy.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I'm starting to like a few of the new English players so on the basis of who I like more I'm Rooting for them. Buuuuut Australia winning and then us beating Australia is better for NZ and the current teams legacy.
Love your sig. If James made a WW t-shirt I would fork out up to $60 for it.

cnerd123

likes this
This is tricky.

Historically, I would back England, because Australia were the all-mighty, dominant side filled with ****y ****s.

However, recently England have had their share of success and ****s, while Australia have become more human and more likeable.

It's about 50-50 at this stage with regards to who I'd like to see win. I'd like to see certain players do well - Root, Moeen, Butler, Woakes (if he plays), Lyth, Lyon, Clarke, Harris, Rogers - and I'd like to see certain players not do well - basically just Broad and Watson.

Tough call. Gonna go for 'maximum wahhh accumulated from both sides' as my answer too

Howe_zat

Audio File
If Australia lose the Ashes they will go back to being 'a team in transition'; which generally means tossing out perfectly good players because they happen to be over 32 - not going to be around for the next Ashes, y'see - for someone who hit a nice cover drive this week.

So NZers should be supporting England if they want to beat Australia themselves this year.

smash84

The Tiger King
supporting England. Don't want Aus to be returning to their winning ways of 1999-2007. Kills competition

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Definitely would like England to lose because England should lose everything. But would be funny as **** if Australia lost. Can't decide, so went for the last option.

Shri

Mr. Glass
****s peeing on cricket pitches should get their asses whooped literally but would settle for a figurative ass kicking.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This is tricky.

Historically, I would back England, because Australia were the all-mighty, dominant side filled with ****y ****s.

However, recently England have had their share of success and ****s, while Australia have become more human and more likeable.

It's about 50-50 at this stage with regards to who I'd like to see win. I'd like to see certain players do well - Root, Moeen, Butler, Woakes (if he plays), Lyth, Lyon, Clarke, Harris, Rogers - and I'd like to see certain players not do well - basically just Broad and Watson.

Tough call. Gonna go for 'maximum wahhh accumulated from both sides' as my answer too
Similar, but I'd really support Australia this time because I hate Cook and love/like Pietersen.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
If Australia lose the Ashes they will go back to being 'a team in transition'; which generally means tossing out perfectly good players because they happen to be over 32 - not going to be around for the next Ashes, y'see - for someone who hit a nice cover drive this week.

So NZers should be supporting England if they want to beat Australia themselves this year.
we'll already be getting a very different australia to the one we'd like to test the team against. no rogers, maybe no harris, haddin will be gone because he won't score any runs or catch a ball away from home, johnson might be gone...

i'd much rather they pummelled you then baz brought them crashing back to earth.