• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do Neutrals want to win?

Who do neutrals want to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I want the Aussies to win the next two tests. Even if it is a 2-2 all draw England will go past NZ in the rankings. We need Australia to win, then we have to thrash them at the end of the year if NZ wants to get to no2 in the rankings

Furball

Evil Scotsman
More chance of me scoring the winning runs in the 5th Test than there is of New Zealand being ranked number 2.

Flem274*

123/5
Well even ian bell can score runs against Australia so since you're probably better than jonny spudstow your chances to hit those runs look good

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm definitely one of those people who started hating England a lot more after 2011 lol. Poking fun at Australia as an Indian is pretty standard though, on one hand I want England to lose as many tests as possible (although tbf I don't have much problems with this English side as compared to the one who went over #1). But then you have Australia who are so massively overrated and largely just hacks away from home so I want them to continue losing away from home as much as possible to keep that going.

Long story short Ashes cricket is great cuz I get to see either one of two teams I don't like lose.. generally by a large margin :p

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
dunno you can call them hacks away from home when they beat SA in SA. They're like any other team - vulnerable away from home.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They are like every other team - hacks away from home.
Yeah fair point, everyone apart from South Africa are pretty ordinary away from home these days. Perhaps they need longer batting lineups.

Even South Africa just drew to Bangldesh :ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
australia are fine away from home, they're just not very good in conditions opposite to them.

however bad this may or may not end up being, if they were in the UAE they'd struggle to make 100 with clarke in such terrible form and some of the others playing like they are.

SA usually tour well, England are underrated tourists imo and furballs best team in the world nz tour ok. sri lanka actually have done ok too.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
England have lost 2 series in the last 5 years IIRC.
This can't be right but I can only recall the Whitewash and getting thumped in the UAE. Let's work through this.

2009/10 - Drew 1-1 with South Africa, beat Bangladesh 2-0
2010/11 - Beat Australia 3-1
2011/12 - Lost 3-0 to Pakistan, drew 1-1 with Sri Lanka
2012/13 - Beat India 2-1, drew 0-0 with New Zealand
2013/14 - lost 5-0 in Australia
2014/15 - drew 1-1 in the West Indies.

Turns out it's 2 away defeats in 6 years then. Knew I was wrong :ph34r:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
At the same time it's two wins in 7 series since they beat Bangladesh, and their overall record is won 7 lost 12. That they've been one of the better ones says a lot.