• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Predictions

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Result- Australia 3-1
Leading run scorer- Clarke - just get the feeling he'll be unstoppable this summer.
Leading wicket taker- Broad (will bowl mostly rubbish but will pick up annoying 5fers)/Harris
Surprise package- Shaun Marsh
Biggest Failure- Ballance
Surprise dropping- Ballance won't be a surprise, so I'm gonna say Moeen.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Result: 2-2
Leading Run Scorer: Smith
Leading Wicket Taker: Starc
Surprise Package: Wood
Biggest Failure: Warner
Surprise Dropping: Moeen

Hooksey

Banned
Result-Australia 4-0 (the weather to save England the indignation of another 5-0 whitewash)
Leading run scorer: Dave Warner
Leading wicket taker: Johnno (to be the difference between the sides again!)
Surprise package: That it only ends 4-0 and not 5.
Biggest Failure: Choose an Englishman - I'll go with Cookie.
Surprise dropping: Cook to either get dropped or spared when he should have been.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Result- Series Drawn 2-2
Leading run scorer- Adam Lythe
Leading wicket taker- Mitchell Starc
Surprise package- The Lords wicket
Biggest Failure- Australia's Channel 9 commentary team
Surprise dropping- Broad, made scapegoat when England fail to win from strong position

Howe_zat

Audio File
England 5-0
Leader run scorer - The Burnley Lara
Leading wicket taker Moeenalitharan
Surprise package - Graeme Swann as host of Pointless
Biggest Failure - Sky Go
Surprise dropping - Phlegm from CW commentary

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have a feeling we are going to see something special from the less celebrated Aussies - Voges, Marsh, and Hazelwood.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Result-Australia 3-1
Leading run scorer- Smith
Leading wicket taker- Hazlewood
Surprise package- Twatto
Biggest Failure- Ballance, though KP isn't going to get a single run all series
Surprise dropping- Broad

Spark

Global Moderator
If Broad bowls badly enough to get dropped then Australia are in for a very, very good series.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Result-Australia 4-0 (the weather to save England the indignation of another 5-0 whitewash)
Leading run scorer: Dave Warner
Leading wicket taker: Johnno (to be the difference between the sides again!)
Surprise package: That it only ends 4-0 and not 5.
Biggest Failure: Choose an Englishman - I'll go with Cookie.
Surprise dropping: Cook to either get dropped or spared when he should have been.
Welcome back Hooksey.

Hmmmm, some pretty bold predictions there son........the only one I can see coming to fruition is Warner as top scorer. In fact I'd be willing to have an Avatar bet with you on all of the others combined if you're game?

If any one if the following happens you can have my Avatar for 3 months, if none of them do I get yours...........simple as that.

- Australia win 4 or 5 - 0
- Johnson as leading wicket taker for series
- Cook the biggest failure (I guess this would be lowest run scorer for the series out of top 6 bats from both sides??)
- Cook dropped during the series (not sure what you mean by "spared".....if he plays all 5 tests then he hasn't been dropped, anyone's opinion on whether that is the right call or not is really irrelevant))

I look forward to you backing your calls and accepting the challenge............

Hooksey

Banned
Welcome back Hooksey.

Hmmmm, some pretty bold predictions there son........the only one I can see coming to fruition is Warner as top scorer. In fact I'd be willing to have an Avatar bet with you on all of the others combined if you're game?

If any one if the following happens you can have my Avatar for 3 months, if none of them do I get yours...........simple as that.

- Australia win 4 or 5 - 0
- Johnson as leading wicket taker for series
- Cook the biggest failure (I guess this would be lowest run scorer for the series out of top 6 bats from both sides??)
- Cook dropped during the series (not sure what you mean by "spared".....if he plays all 5 tests then he hasn't been dropped, anyone's opinion on whether that is the right call or not is really irrelevant))

I look forward to you backing your calls and accepting the challenge............
I was the only one here who predicted Adam Voges' debut ton.

I did get a laugh out of you welcoming me back :laugh:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Any change to Hookesys current avatar will be a good one!

cnerd123

likes this
Going to go with 2-2.

Leading run scorer- Smith
Leading wicket taker- Jimmy A
Surprise package- Moeen Ali's offspin (again)
Biggest Failure- Bell
Surprise dropping- Bell.