• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2015 Ashes in England

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Schedule out. North misses out on a Test.

1st Test: Cardiff, July 8-12
2nd Test: Lords, July 16-20
3rd Test: Birmingham, July 29-Aug 2
4th Test: Nottingham, Aug 6-10
5th Test: Oval, Aug 20-24

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No idea why we have gone for Cardiff again.

The powers that be will count Birmingham and Nottingham as north anyway.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Urgh, Cardiff again.

Apparently the locations were decided a while back, these are just the dates being announced

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Absolute joke how the ECB bend over backwards to give Cardiff the big games but then let them turn down smaller ones.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I also wonder if Harris, Johnson, Rogers and Haddin manage to maintain their form/bodies until mid-2015

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
And only TWO tests for New Zealand again - grrrr!
I still can't believe that we didn't win at Eden Park and then collapsed for 70-odd with a winnable chase at Lord's. (Okay, I can believe it, but it still annoys me)

Apologies for hijacking an Ashes thread.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Headingley should always be first on the list - take out the dark years and we have a cracking record there

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well, nice to see Trent Bridge get a test, anyway.

Cardiff tho; ugh. I mean, sure, if a flat pitch and rain's your thing, then knock yourself out, but really?

Burgey

Good to see a thread devoted to real cricket between the better nations back on the front page.

All the England fans should be happy with Cardiff. They have a good record there against Australia. At least Durham didn't get a test. Thank **** for that.

Should have been

Trent Bridge
Lord's
Edgbaston
Headingly
The Oval

flibbertyjibber

I also wonder if Harris, Johnson, Rogers and Haddin manage to maintain their form/bodies until mid-2015
Same can be said of Anderson, Broad and Bell. Ok not so much the 2nd series for Anderson and Bell but they are vital to England's chances.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
About time we got an 18 month wait before our glorious home regaining of the Ashes.