• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2015 Ashes in England

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
There are 2 proper games, this is just an extra bonus for the players who weren't in the WI Tests
Ok that's cool. I got just a little worried about Harris thinking there's only 1 more practice match left and if Harris doesn't get more than 1 or 2 there selectors might have the perfect excuse to 'rest' him from the first test.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Initially thought Julian got a callup to the Australian side after seeing BJ Taylor on the scoreboard.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Harris just got Alsop first ball, Rogers and Marsh now batting against Harris who has 2-1-1-1....I don't know who to support :)

Last edited:

Antihippy

International Debutant
Haha, warne is calling for harris to replace hazlewood.

He is right in that harris has to be in first test, but pulling out hazlewood now is insane.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Haha, warne is calling for harris to replace hazlewood.

He is right in that harris has to be in first test, but pulling out hazlewood now is insane.
Warne can't say that Starc shouldn't play. He's trying to keep up his narrative that he himself transformed Starc into a world class bowler.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Which is the dumbest narrative ever. It's like everyone have selectively forgotten how much of an ODI gun he was since the start.

Niall

International Coach
Arrogance has held England back - Graeme Swann | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Same article I assume, not clicking a Mail link. So much to dislike about the article, the absurd photo.the look of contempt of the kid on the right who is clearly not a fan of Swann and his banter wanker ****e and this

"But I think the Ashes are going to be a lot closer than people think. I truly believe that Australia aren't the best Test team in the world at the moment. New Zealand are. They're a similar team to Australia. They've good seam bowling, aggressive batting and their spinner, although he takes wickets, is probably their weakest link.

Soooo much wrong about those lines.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah it's the same thing. It's just flat-out trolling, he can't actually be that stupid.

Trolling for what purpose though, I don't know, because I don't think even Australia thinks Australia is the best Test team in the world and I haven't seen too many people suggest they are...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Looks to me as if Swann was just trying to get in on the pre-Ashes trash talking with some trolling, but didn't actually quite know enough about world cricket currently to make his effort look anything other than stupid.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He got asked for his thoughts at chance to shine and he gave them. It's nowhere near as bad as everyone made out. Jeez Louise