• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England sack Pietersen from all forms of cricket

Hooksey

Banned
Credit to England for making the hard decision. I've thought for a while the time would come when the baggage Pietersen brings to the team would outweigh his contribution to the score-sheet, and England obviously feel that time has come.

Makes you wonder again who was Swann was talking about when he mentioned "egos in the changeroom" upon retiring.

Hooksey

Banned
England facing a total re-build:

Chairman of selectors.
Coach.
Captain - surely Cook's position will be the subject of an exhaustive review - Broad likely to be the new captain IMO.
Vice Captain - surely Prior won't retain the position.
Team - not many positions guaranteed after what surely must be the worst performance ever by an English team.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I need to ask you Hooksey if you consider yourself an Aussie cricket fan or just an England hater?? The only thing you've brought to the table is the later..........seen little if any of the former.

You know it's really not healthy don't you son??

Hooksey

Banned
I need to ask you Hooksey if you consider yourself an Aussie cricket fan or just an England hater?? The only thing you've brought to the table is the later..........seen little if any of the former.

You know it's really not healthy don't you son??
No point taking your frustration for England's worst ever performance out on me sport. Get out and smell the clover.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Is there another thread with serious discussion on this - I would like to read what CW seriously has to say about it.