Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: *Official* Redemption Part 2 at Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Yeah not sure where this other interpretation has come from.
    Try the same law of the game that you cited to Monk the other day when he asked his question

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Nathan Lyon must be fuming, seeing Wade **** up and win us a game as opposed to all the changes he blew when he was test keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    By the way, what in the name of all that is holy was Joe Root doing with that shot? Dreadful.
    I had a disagreement with some poster a couple of weeks ago on the value of the ramp shot but I guess there are some players that have success with it......but I swear to god I never want to see Joe Root or Alastair Cook attempt it ever again. The Root wicket was the second time he tried it and both attempts looked hideously ugly and were facepalm fails.......Cooks effort was just as bad. Leave it to the ****y T20 batsmen of the world, these are test standard batsmen chasing 5 an over to win a ODI game......absolutely ****ing awful and Roots wicket cost us the game.

Edit:

Why did the swear filter hide the word f.u.n.k.y???
    Last edited by Adders; 26-01-2014 at 02:43 PM.

I didn't watch England's innings but what did Forkers do to get MOTM? Tight bowling and two big wickets I'm guessing?
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    s
    ^real tearjerker from this cock

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Edit:

it's so we don't talk about colin miller iirc
    andyc likes this.

So I'm in a positive mood this morning and am just gonna put this out there......

Anyone that watched the Ashes in England generally accepts that the 3-0 scoreline was flattering to England and the test series was more competitive than that score suggests. I think the same is true of 4-1 in this ODI series and England can take some heart out of the cricket they have played in this format and approach next years World Cup back here with some confidence. As Australia showed in the back to back test series, they went from a team that had forgotten how to win key moments to a team that now doesn't seem to know how to lose them..........If England had of performed a little better in a couple of key passages in this series they would have won it 3-2.

This is just a mental and confidence thing, it has nothing to do with ability and can change very quickly with a change of environment and a couple of wins under the belt.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    There is definitely some basis to that. I guess if we win in Brisbane though, Australia play a stronger team in Perth, and this one, so conceivably could still be 4-1.

I do think there are a lot more positives to take from this, though. The big worry mind you is our performance in close games. Cost us the CT and cost us here.

International Debutant
    Definitely think Eng can be happy about their WC prospects based on this series. Filling out a team around Morgan, Buttler, Stokes is achievable and the way they came back from the Faulkner heroics earlier in this series shows they have a bit of resilience.

So I'm in a positive mood this morning and am just gonna put this out there......

Anyone that watched the Ashes in England generally accepts that the 3-0 scoreline was flattering to England and the test series was more competitive than that score suggests. I think the same is true of 4-1 in this ODI series and England can take some heart out of the cricket they have played in this format and approach next years World Cup back here with some confidence. As Australia showed in the back to back test series, they went from a team that had forgotten how to win key moments to a team that now doesn't seem to know how to lose them..........If England had of performed a little better in a couple of key passages in this series they would have won it 3-2.

This is just a mental and confidence thing, it has nothing to do with ability and can change very quickly with a change of environment and a couple of wins under the belt.
    Well it's also a Ravi '****house' Bopara thing. They keep picking the sadsack as a 'finisher' then he will keep ****ing up games, most certainly won't rescue any either.

England have the makings of a good ODI side, but they always seem to be in that state.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

You're forgetting the natural tendency of Ashes winners to play like **** in the ODIs afterwards, though

I had a disagreement with some poster a couple of weeks ago on the value of the ramp shot but I guess there are some players that have success with it......but I swear to god I never want to see Joe Root or Alastair Cook attempt it ever again. The Root wicket was the second time he tried it and both attempts looked hideously ugly and were facepalm fails.......Cooks effort was just as bad. Leave it to the ****y T20 batsmen of the world, these are test standard batsmen chasing 5 an over to win a ODI game......absolutely ****ing awful and Roots wicket cost us the game.

Edit:

I don't have any problem with it per se but as with every shot, there's a time and a place. A slow deck, a bowler without much pace, the ball well outside off stump, fine leg on the edge of the circle and having just lost your best bat in an otherwise straightforward chase is not that time or place.
    Last edited by Spark; 27-01-2014 at 04:31 AM.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

There are definite benefits to the ramp shot in general, but you don't see McCullum pulling it out till the last few overs and he's the best practitioner.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information