• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 8th massacre at the SCG

Watson33

U19 12th Man
Would not be surprised at all if Christian opened given he did it in his last domestic one game after a pretty poor season up to that point and tonned up. Was an awesome innings, although granted it was at NSO. Much better option than Wade IMO; I think I'd just open with Marsh and bat Smith at 3 though.
From an English point of few, i'd love to see Wade open the batting. It would just about be our only chance of taking an early wicket!

wiff

First Class Debutant
Last two matches should be called:
*Official* 9th ODI escape from Alcatraz
The English top order spends 150 deliveries digging through a solid rock wall with a toothpick, only to fall into shark infested waters. Only one to escape is Captan Cook with a basketball, which when applied with lipstick and a wig looks like an attractive broad.

*Official* 10th ODI colonel cook's last stand.
Captain Cook gets promoted to Colonel Cook. However, it is a cynical move because he is surrounded by savages with no chance to escape. Cook slays his useless comrades and stacks them up around him to ward off Daniel Christian's slow ball bouncer.

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
Last two matches should be called:
*Official* 9th ODI escape from Alcatraz
The English top order spends 150 deliveries digging through a solid rock wall with a toothpick, only to fall into shark infested waters. Only one to escape is Captan Cook with a basketball, which when applied with lipstick and a wig looks like an attractive broad.

*Official* 10th ODI colonel cook's last stand.
Captain Cook gets promoted to Colonel Cook. However, it is a cynical move because he is surrounded by savages with no chance to escape. Cook slays his useless comrades and stacks them up around him to ward off Daniel Christian's slow ball bouncer.
spoilers dude

Hooksey

Banned
Smith & Wade into the squad for Clarke and Haddin (both being rested).

Bailey to captain, MJ named VC for the match.
The vice captaincy sits nicely alongside his Player of the Ashes series award, and Alan Border Medal win the other night. He should really be thanking 37 Englishmen for all 3 accolades.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
The vice captaincy sits nicely alongside his Player of the Ashes series award, and Alan Border Medal win the other night. He should really be thanking 37 Englishmen for all 3 accolades.
Interesting comment. So you are essentially saying that Mitch Johnson isn't a demi god after all, all of his success was down to the incompetence of the English batsmen and not down to his own ability and skill??

Doesn't bode well for him in South Africa then..........

Hooksey

Banned
Interesting comment. So you are essentially saying that Mitch Johnson isn't a demi god after all, all of his success was down to the incompetence of the English batsmen and not down to his own ability and skill??

Doesn't bode well for him in South Africa then..........
Probably more a case of your basic interpretation. All cricket followers are aware of Johnson's dominance.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably more a case of your basic interpretation. All cricket followers are aware of Johnson's dominance.
Huh??, did you not say "He should really be thanking 37 Englishmen for all 3 accolades"??

Yes we are all aware of his dominance, but I'm sure Johnson puts these accolades and his success down to himself, his skill and hard work and possibly Craig McDermott far more than he does the incompetence of the English batsmen. Yet you choose to focus on the later part of the equation and in doing so you (unwittingly) diminish his outstanding performance IMO.

I found it interesting (but not surprising) and I've already pointed out how you like to focus on Englands failures before celebrating your own teams success.......your Avatar is another example tbh.

Hooksey

Banned
Huh??, did you not say "He should really be thanking 37 Englishmen for all 3 accolades"??

Yes we are all aware of his dominance, but I'm sure Johnson puts these accolades and his success down to himself, his skill and hard work and possibly Craig McDermott far more than he does the incompetence of the English batsmen. Yet you choose to focus on the later part of the equation and in doing so you (unwittingly) diminish his outstanding performance IMO.

I found it interesting (but not surprising) and I've already pointed out how you like to focus on Englands failures before celebrating your own teams success.......your Avatar is another example tbh.
Johnson's results speak for themselves :laugh: