• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 8th massacre at the SCG

Riggins

International Captain
All I know is hitting Jimmy Anderson for 28 off that over proved once and for all that he was clearly test class.

ajdude

International Coach
i hope one day there's an ODI where a team bowls another side out with 5 bowlers having figures of 10-2-30-2 and then chasing the 150ish score 3 down with all 5 batsmen making 30ish. like who would get man of the match

uvelocity

International Coach
i hope one day there's an ODI where a team bowls another side out with 5 bowlers having figures of 10-2-30-2 and then chasing the 150ish score 3 down with all 5 batsmen making 30ish. like who would get man of the match
steve smith

King Pietersen

International Captain
Eugh. England's batting miserable again. Far too reliant on Morgan and Buttler firing at the end of the innings. If one, or both fail before the end, we're knackered. Buttler's been pigeon-holed as this end of the innings slogger, when really, he'd do a much better job up the order than most of the batsmen. I'd like to see him put in at 5, and given chance to build an innings, then explode at the end. He's done it so many times for Somerset, and is fantastic at playing the match situation. It just doesn't make the most of his immense talent chucking him in around the 40th over every single ODi innings. Also, with Pietersen out, your best player should be batting 3. Ben Stokes is not our best batsman, Eoin Morgan is, and should be given the responsibility of batting 3 and given the opportunity to score more hundreds and really set up a huge innings. Morgan at 3 would give us a much more positive start whilst not being a slogger. My top 7 would be:

Cook
Bell/Carberry
Morgan
Ballance
Buttler +
Stokes
Bopara

Bopara last summer was immense coming in at the end and really having a go. He's much more likely to fire when he has to start quickly. If you give Bopara time to bat, he takes too much time, and ends up getting stuck not being able to find any timing. Putting him in at 7 means he'd likely be coming in during the final 10 overs, and would be given a license to just fire from the get go. I think it's much better balanced, and would be much more likely of producing large scores consistently.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You can't play one day cricket without 3 openers, that's the new rules. That's why even if England bowl Australia out less than their total tonight the match will be awarded to Australia on a technicality.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just seen the Clarke/Morgan confrontation. Clarke is becoming a right wanker isn't he.

uvelocity

International Coach
nah, morgan was being a wanker, he knew it carried and was hoping to send it upstairs for a ****up from the 3rd ump imo