• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second ODI in Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajdude

International Coach
nah that's not six surely, he's in the air. what about those catches where they catch it inside, throw it up, run across the boundary and catch it?

although i guess they've come back into play

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah that is clearly a 6. Did they run 2? I think England's score will be increased by 4 runs.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Feel for the old codger behind me, his old bird hasn't stfu all innings. Has wanted every ball since about the 3rd over "in the blockhole".

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
BTW, this is why I said last match that English supporters are jumping the gun and it was just one loss and the Tests were not that related. Australia don't have a good bowling lineup and our batting isn't great under pressure. This has been a sensational partnership.

Jarquis

FTR

3. Scoring a boundary

(a) A boundary shall be scored and signalled by the bowler’s end umpire whenever, while the ball is in play, in his opinion,

(i) the ball touches the boundary, or is grounded beyond the boundary.

(ii) a fielder with some part of his person in contact with the ball, touches the boundary or has some part of his person grounded beyond the boundary.

(iii) the ball, having crossed the boundary in the air, is first touched by a fielder who has not satisfied the conditions in 4(i) below.

(b) The phrases ‘touches the boundary’ and ‘touching the boundary’ shall mean contact with
either (i) the boundary edge as defined in 2 above
or (ii) any person or obstacle within the field of play which has been designated a boundary by the umpires before the toss.

(c) The phrase ‘grounded beyond the boundary’ shall mean contact with
either (i) any part of a line or solid object marking the boundary except the boundary edge
or (ii) the ground beyond the boundary edge
or (iii) any object in contact with the ground beyond the boundary edge.

4. Ball beyond the boundary

After it has crossed the boundary in the air, a ball may be caught, subject to the provisions of Law 32, or fielded provided that

(i) the first contact with the ball is by a fielder, not touching or grounded beyond the boundary, who has some part of his person grounded within the boundary or whose final contact with the ground before touching the ball was entirely within the boundary.
Also, hasn't he landed with that palm down and the ball touching the ground? Not that that rule still seems to exist

andyc

Jesus they're saying the match referee isn't sure on the ruling on that six. If we all know it, how do they not? I get Michael ****ing Slater not knowing it, but of all people the match ref should.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
every batsman who has wore 49 for australia has gone on to become the world's best batsman

Status
Not open for further replies.