Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: *Official* Second ODI in Brisbane

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Problem: Finn looks bad in nets

Solution: Send Finn home for nets

Couldn't make this **** up

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Problem: Finn looks bad in nets

Solution: Send Finn home for nets

Couldn't make this **** up
    Ashley Giles, the limited-overs coach, believes he now needs a complete break from cricket for a period of time before trying to get his career back on track.
    Though later on he goes on to say he'll be working on a few technical aspects of his game with Middlesex and look at getting him back ASAP.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    That might do more harm that good.

Obviously not close to the team but it'd have to be some seriously ****ed up reasons for why he isn't getting a ODI or didn't play the match yesterday. Hitting the side of the nets ain't enough, there's either way more to it or he's soft as butter.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Jesus I remember the guy looked lethal during the ODIs in 2011. Was in awe of how England had him sitting in the wings not even making their test team.

Crazy how far he has fallen.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Might be good for him to get away as the environment doesn't seem to be helping. Makes you wonder what's going on in the nets though.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Jesus I remember the guy looked lethal during the ODIs in 2011. Was in awe of how England had him sitting in the wings not even making their test team.

Crazy how far he has fallen.
    He was our best ODI bowler less than a year ago even. I never at any stage of his one day dominance thought he was quite there at test level though. As a result I didn't even think he was that bad in NZ or at home for the start of the 2013 summer, I think lots just over expected from him because of his one day form, and therefore he'd "regressed". People need to realise it's different maintaining a high pace for 20 overs a day compared to 10 overs in a few days for an ODI series.

It's clearly gone a bit wrong if the likes of Chris Jordan and Ben Stokes are now ahead of him in the seam bowling department for ODI's though.

Edit: I support the decision though. Clearly what ever they're trying isn't working.
    Last edited by Cabinet96; 15-01-2014 at 07:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    I really hoped the India tour was when he started to become a good Test bowler too. But then he mostly sucked in New Zealand (picked up a plucky, expensive 5-for i think but that was about all) and it's been fairly downhill from there. Can't remember what he was like in the home series actually, might have been better. What made him lose his confidence more than anything, though, was losing his place in the ODI team for the champs trophy. It was kinda fair for conditions and considering how we did in the competition you can't really fault the selection but I still think it ****ed him up a bit. Has looked short on confidence since then. Would love to know what has been going on behind the scenes, really, because it's a sorry tale.

Oh and there's the well-documented run-up changes too, I guess that had a big impact. There's seemingly a whole bunch of things.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Finn has always been a horse **** red ball bowler. Absolute pie machine.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MW1304 View Post
    Oh and there's the well-documented run-up changes too, I guess that had a big impact. There's seemingly a whole bunch of things.
    Finn looked better than ever with the short run up in the NZ ODI's though. It's only because people let that forget he was a bit of a pie merchant in tests that suddenly people thought the run up needed to be lengthened again.

There was also that injury he picked up before the Champs trophy which came at a pretty bad time tstl.

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Finn looked better than ever with the short run up in the NZ ODI's though. It's only because people let that forget he was a bit of a pie merchant in tests that suddenly people thought the run up needed to be lengthened again.

There was also that injury he picked up before the Champs trophy which came at a pretty bad time tstl.
    I forget, was the short run up done to solve his stump-clattering issues? I also forget why he changed it back. In any case he's obviously had conflicting information from all parts and it is frustrating tstl.

Also yes he can throw it down all over the shop but was fast and accurate in India, looked good.

From what I know, it was England's decision to implement the short run up in NZ but Finn didn't like it and nor did Middlesex and so when we went back there he went about changing it again. Ever since then it's basically been down hill. The initial problems were simply bowling/technique related but since then it's had a knock-on effect. I think it's a pretty fair observation to say that considering his size and pace at times, Finn isn't an intimidating quick, he's not a particularly intimidating person - in fact he's quite timid. A few things didn't help, as his bowling was falling apart he was being built up to be the next big thing. When everybody expects you to be improving by the day and you're actually regressing, it doesn't take long for their to be a monumental gulf between where you're at and where you're expected to be. That sort of feeling of falling short can't exactly be great and especially not when you're not the world's most confident or brash to begin with.
    Basically all of this has been magnified during the tour, the bowling problems, the self-doubt and the media scrutiny of "WHERE IS FINN? WHY NOT FINN? WHAT'S WRONG WITH FINN?", he's not where he wants to be and he's not going to get there any time soon by doing what he's done for the past 3 months and bowling ball after ball in the nets
    hendrix likes this.

School Boy/Girl Captain Watson33's Avatar
    3rd best ODI bowler in the world at one stage (might still be actually) and now can't get a look in, in a team with Boyd Rankin in. Mental how it can change!

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Calm down.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Yesssss Christo. Spikey will be stoked.
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information