• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second ODI in Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Clint McKay is king by the way. Best hang arounder knock for a long time.
Very true, Faulkner will get most of the credit (deservedly so) but McKay deserves a ton of recognition for not getting out. He was instrumental in us winning.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Dunno how you can argue that this isn't devastating. It's not the loss. It's the fact that it proved that England are a piss weak cricket team in ever single way right now. It would have seriously been better if England were bowled out for 200.

Come on now, we were in the game for like 594 balls, that is a substantial improvement even from the tests.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Dunno how you can argue that this isn't devastating. It's not the loss. It's the fact that it proved that England are a piss weak cricket team in ever single way right now. It would have seriously been better if England were bowled out for 200.

Typical guff by you.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Well I'm not devastated, certainly less so than whenever I read one of your posts anyway.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Best part of that highlights package is the Forkers ran away from McKay at the end.

You have to say, Faulkiner is a damn smart, analytical cricketer. It's seriously impressive for a young bloke to keep his head the way he did. One of the better last ditch knocks I've seen. Kudos to the kid.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Went out last night, so recorded the match to watch this morning. So total ban on radio etc so I didn't know the score. Almost gave up on the Aussies 100 times, then comes the last over. First ball JF nicks it four runs. Then up pops end of recorded show. Fock me dead don't you hate that?

Debris

International 12th Man
Went out last night, so recorded the match to watch this morning. So total ban on radio etc so I didn't know the score. Almost gave up on the Aussies 100 times, then comes the last over. First ball JF nicks it four runs. Then up pops end of recorded show. Fock me dead don't you hate that?
That's why I always hit the 20 minute extender button for recording sporting events twice or record program after as well. They never finish on time.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Got out next ball, pretty anti-climatic, don't bother watching any highlights.

the big bambino

International Captain
I think Jono's right; it would be devastating. I think you need to admit a difference as to how fans would take this loss as opposed to the team itself. For a fan losing the ashes is the worst while a meaningless odi hardly rates.

From the team perspective you are desperate for a win after such a poor summer as the expression of excitement and involvement on Cook's face showed throughout the contest. When they last lost 5 blot they atleast salvaged something late summer. They would be looking anywhere for a win and would have thought they had this one...At Last! Now they are left wondering just how many can they score and still not lose. If not last night then when? It would be a depressing loss.

adub

International Captain
Best part of that highlights package is the Forkers ran away from McKay at the end.

You have to say, Faulkiner is a damn smart, analytical cricketer. It's seriously impressive for a young bloke to keep his head the way he did. One of the better last ditch knocks I've seen. Kudos to the kid.
Which is why I've never understood those bagging his selection in Test squad. He ain't the greatest bowler, or bat, but **** he's hard to keep down. Bastard keeps his head and steps up when it counts, and that counts for a lot. Not saying he should replace Bailers at 6 for SA, but I don't mind seeing him called up to cover a quick or being groomed as an 8 for us longer term.

Status
Not open for further replies.