• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Things that will happen before England win a game

ajdude

International Coach
Spikey explodes
Jono makes a good post
Cricket Web Forumer World Cup
Etc
no
no
idk

i'll make a post not containing an inappropriate ***ual reference
nah

how were the first words not "Sydney Thunder win a game". Time for GIMH to #logoff
winner

CricSim season 12 gets finished.
idk

Shane Warne joins a monastery
Migara doubts the probity of Murali's action
Burgey gets asked for ID to buy booze
Benchy begins a post with "You know, I was wrong about..."
probably
hahahahahaha
no
hahahahahaha

Hell might freeze over.
nah (was never likely)

someone take over

Last edited:

Hooksey

Banned
Happy Australia Day world, from the land of endless days of tropical sunshine, beautiful beaches, Neighbours and of course the Ashes.

Hooksey

Banned
For the record a beautiful, sunny, 29 degrees in Melbourne today, as the Aussies progressed to 9-1 in Adelaide.

Hooksey

Banned
9-1. In clover, and if I've given you the impression I care what you think I apologize.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
9-1. In clover, and if I've given you the impression I care what you think I apologize.
How many times do you need to be reminded that this is a forum to talk about cricket, not beat your nationalistic drum? You don't play for Australia nor do you represent the Australian cricket team in any fashion, stop treating other posters as if you do.

Hooksey

Banned
How many times do you need to be reminded that this is a forum to talk about cricket, not beat your nationalistic drum? You don't play for Australia nor do you represent the Australian cricket team in any fashion, stop treating other posters as if you do.
The Australian cricket team are leading 9-1 and I'll take a leap of faith and suggest they are in clover about it. They also probably enjoy the excellent summer weather in Melbourne.

Spark

Global Moderator
The Australian cricket team are leading 9-1 and I'll take a leap of faith and suggest they are in clover about it. They also probably enjoy the excellent summer weather in Melbourne.
But the point is that you are not the Australian cricket team, so stop posting as if you are. "My team is winning so la-de-dah" is not a form of argument nor is it a very constructive line of discussion.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
But the point is that you are not the Australian cricket team, so stop posting as if you are. "My team is winning so la-de-dah" is not a form of argument nor is it a very constructive line of discussion.
Building on from this point, other posters being English does not mean that they are the English cricket team, so stop posting as if they are. It kills discussion when the only important part of another poster's post, in your mind, is their nationality. Stop waving your nationality around as the entire basis of your posting.

It's not like you haven't been warned for this nationalistic trolling and warmongering before. In fact, you've been infracted and banned for it. By three separate moderators. All of whom, incidentally enough, are also Australians. If that isn't telling you something about your posting, I'm not sure what will.

Expect further infractions and bans if you continue to post in that manner.

Hooksey

Banned
I live in Australian and my cricket team are currently leading England 9-1. Comprised of 5-0 in the Test series and 4-1 in the One Day Series. In order to quash the misapprehension I actually play for Australia, let me categorically state that although I did play cricket myself, I am not currently a member of the Australian cricket team. Nor do I hold an ACB contract.

Many people including myself are very happy with the results of the current series'. In fact it would be fair to say we are in clover about them. I believe the Australian team are very pleased with the results they have achieved too, and it's probably not too big a leap of faith to suggest they are in clover about them as well.

The weather in Melbourne during summer is often excellent. This summer being no exception. It's not too great a leap of faith to suggest the Australia cricket team - my team, though as stated earlier I don't hold an ACB nor play for them - enjoy playing cricket in locations where the consistently fine weather - such as Melbourne's - usually ensures results.

Last edited: