• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Captain Cook

TNT

Banned
Cook has played in 2 Ashes series and Carberry has performed better than Cook did with the bat in 2 of those series.

Cook scored 246 runs @ 24.6 in this series and 277 @ 27.7 in the England series.

Carberry has scored 281@ 28.1 in this series.

Carberry has also bettered Cooks performance in the 2009 series (222 @ 24.66) and 2006/7 series (276 @ 27,6)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was criticised by Richard & co for saying it, but I genuinely question Cook's technique & shot selection for an opening bat. I questioned it we he came to NZ earlier last year and was quite frankly surprised given he'd come off such a great run in the two years leading up to it. Having not seen much of him bat during his successful period, I can only assume these technical flaws & his bad shot selection have developed more in recent times.

Last edited:

Hooksey

Banned
Cook has played in 2 Ashes series and Carberry has performed better than Cook did with the bat in 2 of those series.

Cook scored 246 runs @ 24.6 in this series and 277 @ 27.7 in the England series.

Carberry has scored 281@ 28.1 in this series.

Carberry has also bettered Cooks performance in the 2009 series (222 @ 24.66) and 2006/7 series (276 @ 27,6)
George Bailey performed better in this series than Cook :laugh:

centurymaker

International Captain
I was criticised by Richard & co for saying it, but I genuinely question Cook's technique & shot selection for an opening bat. I questioned it we he came to NZ earlier last year and was quite frankly surprised given he'd come off such a great run in the two years leading up to it. Having not seen much of him bat during his successful period, I can only assume these technical flaws & his bad shot selection have developed more in recent times.
Nah they have always been there, it's just that there weren't people good enough to exploit them

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Cook's always been prone to fending with his hands away from his body to balls way outside the line of off. That's why guys like Zaheer and Boult have enjoyed bowling to him, and obviously Johnson in this series.