Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: George Bailey

George Bailey

I know it's an opportune time to make this comment but how does this bloke get a guernsey?

He's 30+ years old and averages ~ 38 in first class cricket. I don't buy that he is picked because of his form in India because he's surely lost that card by now. And what's the rationale for thinking that swinging hard at balls on flat wickets would put him in good stead to buckle down again Broad and Anderson?

He's surely only in the team because he's a good bloke and they like having him around the dressing rooms.

Discuss.
    Last edited by James90; 02-01-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Banned
    Needs a big 100 in the 2nd dig to remain.

Our selectors rewarded his Indian ODI form with 5 tests. T20 captain right so he's already in the inner circle.

there werent a truckload of other options, and in their absence picking a bloke with a bit of ticker, who hadn't had a chance to fail yet wasn't the worst idea. to say the selection was based purely on his bludgeoning of a poor indian attack in a joke odi series is beyond blinkered
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    Our selectors rewarded his Indian ODI form with 5 tests. T20 captain right so he's already in the inner circle.
    And they rewarded Phil Hughes' twin centuries in SA with 4

Ok I'm overstating it. Picking him with his FC record just wasn't going to work. The other options have been seen before and apparently that was a big factor also.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    there werent a truckload of other options, and in their absence picking a bloke with a bit of ticker, who hadn't had a chance to fail yet wasn't the worst idea. to say the selection was based purely on his bludgeoning of a poor indian attack in a joke odi series is beyond blinkered
    it sort of was though. i mean, you could add english to indian and then it'd be more accurate but that's really it
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    At least this way it's been made conclusive that he's not up to it and that'll be the end of that. His selection hasn't had much of a detriment to our overall success in the series, so as long as he's not going to South Africa I'm not that fussed by it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Has Doolan done enough to get his spot though. I think Hughes should go but he probably won't.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    No way can Bailey go to South Africa. He'll be mince meat for their quicks on those pitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    At least this way it's been made conclusive that he's not up to it and that'll be the end of that. His selection hasn't had much of a detriment to our overall success in the series, so as long as he's not going to South Africa I'm not that fussed by it all.
    Pretty much sums up my feelings although I'd argue that his selection in Sydney was way worse than him being picked for the Gabba

who do they go with though. how many shield games before safferland. im sure they dont want to go with north. hussey wants to play for wa, not much further to cape town, can we have him back?

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Not many is it? I genuinely don't know who would be the best option, there just aren't enough people slamming the door down. Guess I'd go with Doolan or Hughes, but wouldn't be at all against North going.

Feb 12 is the 1st test which also looks like the first round of SS after the BB.

thats aside from its going to be a squad, so youll probs have hughes and d00lander going if not a lynn or someone else as well

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information