• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Broad now better than Anderson?

Is Broad better than Anderson

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bump.

I was thinking about this thread one day last summer, think it was when Anderson went to 400, he'd kicked on well after a lean spell around the 13/14 Ashes. But Broad, he's just amazing isn't he? They complement each other well but if I had to pick, reckon it'd be Sturat

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's happened before where one looks better after a good series before switching over again. What might decide it for now is if Anderson's injuries are messing with him in a semi-permanent way.

I still think I'd rather have Anderson than Broad for the home summer this year if I had to pick, just about.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Anderson was godly in the UAE against PAK recently, I enjoyed that as much as Broads magic spells. I don't think one is better then the other they are both brilliant in different ways,

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jericho was so godly in '98 in that cruiser division. Literally the funniest guy in wrestling for that brief period of time

tooextracool

International Coach
I've said it before and I will say it again: there is no limit for what Stuart Broad is capable of achieving if he puts his head and heart into it (which I am aware that he didn't do for a large chunk of his career). Unlike Anderson, Broad has all the natural attributes, the bowling acumen and the variety to take wickets anywhere in the world. Injuries have come at the wrong time, but at 29, he has a long way to go to set the record straight particularly away from home.

harsh.ag

No. 1 Stuart Broad defers to top two | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

"It might sound odd, but I'm not the best bowler in the world. Dale Steyn is the bowler of our generation. Just have a look at his record: his wickets; his strike rate; his average. He is the best bowler in the world.

"My dad always talks about Malcolm Marshall being the bowler of his generation. Well, Dale Steyn is the bowler of our generation.

"I've been very privileged to play with Jimmy Anderson for a long time and he is certainly the best bowler England have ever had in my view. I didn't see Fred Trueman and didn't watch much of Ian Botham live, so you have to judge it on who you've seen bowl."

Watson33

U19 12th Man
It's a blurred line as to who's better at the moment, but there's no doubt that Stuart will overtake as the leader of the attack in the very near future. Anderson does not have a lot left in the tank, maybe 1-2 years most.

cnerd123

likes this
OH RIGHT THE GIF IN THE JOKE THIRD OPTION IN THE FOLL.

**** me. I even selected that.

Nm Mr Mister. Carry on.

grecian

Wow, only just realised both Broad and Anderson average >30 in Test cricket. Surprising, given we all constantly hear about how good they are. :blink:
Interesting that both are now comfortably under 30 A 28.62 B 28.48.

Have thought for a few years Broad would get there, but will admit I'm really surprised at Jimmeh's continued excellence at his age. Incredible improvements in both, which doesn't seem to be ending any time soon.

Also incredible that Finn still has a better average than both, considering he's not in their league.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great to see Anderson back to his best, still say Broad is better of the two now though.

Scary to think that by the end of next summer if they both stay fit and play the games that Anderson will probably have 500 wickets and Broad 400.

Gob

International Coach
James Anderson has to be the most skillful swing bowler that I've seen. Dale Steyn can swing it away Allan Donald and Shane Bond could predominantly swing it in but no one that i've watched had the mastery of doing it both with the sort of control that Anderson has. He won't be rated as highly as the likes of Donald and Steyn due to the relatively higher average though

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Anderson can go as long as he wants, he doesn't rely on his pace at all these days. He's like McGrath in a lot of respects.

smash84

The Tiger King
James Anderson has to be the most skillful swing bowler that I've seen. Dale Steyn can swing it away Allan Donald and Shane Bond could predominantly swing it in but no one that i've watched had the mastery of doing it both with the sort of control that Anderson has. He won't be rated as highly as the likes of Donald and Steyn due to the relatively higher average though
You should've watched wasim bowl then. He was awesome. Better than Jimmy at moving the ball both ways and better control. Sometimes he could swing more than he could control though. An enjoyable over from him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr9rFKty6Kw

91Jmay

International Coach
You should've watched wasim bowl then. He was awesome. Better than Jimmy at moving the ball both ways and better control. Sometimes he could swing more than he could control though. An enjoyable over from him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr9rFKty6Kw
Here's the scorecard for you dumb****s who think this match was in 1999 or 1989, ****ing ******s, are you all One Direction fans or something??????
Rob Moody at his normal, refined best.

smash84

The Tiger King
haha, yeah. Should check Rob out on videos featuring Tendulkar. The comments there are at a different level of trolling