Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: (As an England fan) The Worst Ashes You've Seen

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    I can see the comparison between England and Zimbabwe but to be fair I don't think Bangladesh have many African born players playing for them.
    so good.
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Yeah, worst.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

After 2 tests i knew the worse was to come, this is the worst cricket tour in Englands history full stop.

State Vice-Captain
    After so many collapses in the Australian batting order, England has been pathetic. Even by 90's standards.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    I can see the comparison between England and Zimbabwe but to be fair I don't think Bangladesh have many African born players playing for them.
    Ho ho! A comedian in our midst!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar

benchmark00 played this so well english batsmen should take notes
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    It's quite obviously the worst series ever when GIMH is still posting ridiculously optimistic nonsense by predicting a 150 run win for Australia.

At least in 2006/07 we lost to a team that a) was quite possibly the greatest side ever seen on a cricket ground b) having a last hurrah and c) hell bent on revenge after losing the urn for the first time in 18 years.

This Australian top order is still absolutely dreadful. It is a damning indictment on how badly our batsmen have done (and I don't intend to take anything away from Australia's bowling attack which is IMO the best in the world now when I say this) that Australia have strolled to a 5-0 win. I refuse to place much blame on our bowling unit, which by and large has done well enough for England to be competitive throughout the series. Any half decent position England have been in has been utterly wasted by the batsmen.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I sort of agree, have said the bowlers don't deserve too much flak. But it's they who have wasted our dominant positions in every game bar the MCG. That's not been good enough.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    It's understandable that the team don't want to be out there any more, but unforgiveable that they make it so ****ing obvious

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    I sort of agree, have said the bowlers don't deserve too much flak. But it's they who have wasted our dominant positions in every game bar the MCG. That's not been good enough.
    Yeah and it is one difference between this and the UAE debacle. The batting in the UAE was just as bad if not worse, it was just tempered by the fact that it was not the ashes and only a 3 test series.

Our bowling has been **** at times, but it's a hell of a lot harder following 160 ish than 300+.

I didn't bother watching last night, and nearly peed myself laughing when I woke to 155 all out.

World XI Since 1990 -

1. Gooch 2. Dravid 3. Ponting 4. Tendulkar 5. Lara 6. Kallis 7. Gilchrist 8. Akram 9. Warne 10. Ambrose 11. McGrath

Until this match I thought 1989 was the worst. My view now is that, as a complete and utter drubbing by a team with whom we should have been competing on more or less even terms, this is unparalleled.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    Until this match I thought 1989 was the worst. My view now is that, as a complete and utter drubbing by a team with whom we should have been competing on more or less even terms, this is unparalleled.
    Agreed - this match has touched new lows

Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    Yup. At least the 1989 players had the excuse that selection had been a complete joke for years, so there was no semblance of a settled team. Or the support and preparation they enjoy nowadays. Or central contracts. Most of this lot had everything going for them, but just CBA.

It really has been a remarkable series, never seen such a brutal destruction of a side, just look at the England side in the last test compared to the first.

Never looked forward to such a long gap between Englan tests before.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information