• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Andy Flower...considering his future?

Mark68

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Not sure Dizzy would want that particular job. Would he want to oppose his old mate Boof? Not so sure.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If an old fashioned pommy basher like Rod Marsh would take the English shilling I'm sure an enlightened soul like Dizzy would too.

Has already coached in Zim, hasn't he?

91Jmay

International Coach
Not sure Dizzy would want that particular job. Would he want to oppose his old mate Boof? Not so sure.
Something like that wouldn't even factor into his thinking IMO. Not wanting to coach against his mate? So if South Australia had offered him the job when Boof coached Queensland he wouldn't have took it? Nonsense.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
If he ever wants to coach Australia then he'd take it. Nothing gets you noticed like beating a team.

Cooky Monster

U19 12th Man
Yeah look, take a pill CM and go have a lie down son.......howardj posted this in another thread, I suggest you read it and take it on board......

I don't have my head in the sand and am not denying for a minute that we don't have some serious issues to address in the aftermath of this series, but cool heads are what's required not going off half ****ed and kneejerk reactions.
Its not kneejerk though, i was on here 6 months ago saying i hope Flower goes after these series, whenever we play a good team under him we are exposed, this time we have been more than exposed, we have been bent over and bummed repeatedly by every Aussie and then kicked to the curb when their done, complete humiliation, can't help being really pissed off with the shambles, seems like most of the English fans on here are generally happy to let them get away with it, sod that and **** them tbh, i hope the lot of them follow that ****house Swann out the door.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was it you who made the 3rd gear comment back in the summer?

If so, I blame you for this shambles.

If not, carry on.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No he's been cleared of those charges it was one of the cookys just don't know if it was captain or monster

HNY btw morgie

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Fact is that Flower has been appallingly let down by a pretty experienced bunch of players. Nine innings completed, and not one of our guys has made 300 runs in the series is a shocking statistic that says everything about their lack of stomach for the game. No wonder he says he wants to stick around to wield the big knife and enjoy getting rid of them.

Mark68

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Fact is that Flower has been appallingly let down by a pretty experienced bunch of players. Nine innings completed, and not one of our guys has made 300 runs in the series is a shocking statistic that says everything about their lack of stomach for the game. No wonder he says he wants to stick around to wield the big knife and enjoy getting rid of them.

Drastic changes now needed and Flower needs to get it right. The ECB have firmly backed him even after this latest debacle. He must indeed be firmly in credit with them.

Cooky Monster

U19 12th Man
Anyone see him nearly get all chirpy and sarcastic earlier when answering questions, just in time he thought better of it, im just annoyed looking at him now.

Another thing which grates, why is it whenever he used to get asked about his future when England were winning he would be all coy and never give a direct answer, now after England have been utterly bummed senseless hes piping up that he definately wants to stay and is staying and will build a new team etc...

You wait in the summer against India, we will be batting for draws on day 2 again, the whole negative mindset and dour cricket wont ever change with him in charge.

Last edited:

Cooky Monster

U19 12th Man
Drastic changes now needed and Flower needs to get it right. The ECB have firmly backed him even after this latest debacle. He must indeed be firmly in credit with them.
Hes well out of credit now, he should be massively in debt after this, hes just presided over possibly the worst most embarrassingly gutless ****house performance ever, not just by the English cricket team but by any English/British sporting team in history.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Athers and Nasser had some bad teams but this one was worse. 5 nil in the manner it was accepted should have the players and the coaches being questioned. Was Flower this negative as a player? I remember him being a decent bat but didnt see Zimbabwe that often.

91Jmay

International Coach
Mike Selvey has wrote today that Flower staying on is contingent on KP being dropped. If that is the case then its Adios Andy for me. Done a lot of very good things for England cricket but we need a new direction, new style of play and KP needs to be a part of that.

Last edited:

Cooky Monster

U19 12th Man
Mike Selvey has wrote today that Flower staying on is contingent on KP being dropped. If that is the case then its Adios Andy for me. Done a lot of very good things for England cricket but we need a new direction, new style of play and KP needs to be a part of that.
Absolutely, the audacity of this man is a ****ing joke, who the hell does he think he is to be setting conditions for his services after the abortion we have just witnessed.

If you are reading this Flower, **** off you arrogant ****!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Having just presided over a 5-0 drubbing, Flower's in absolutely no position to be making demands when it comes to personnel.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Having just presided over a 5-0 drubbing, Flower's in absolutely no position to be making demands when it comes to personnel.
I sincerely doubt he's throwing ultimatums about. I more picture it that he thinks KP should be axed and if he doesn't have the selectors' backing on it then they probably need a new man in charge.