• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, but hasn't bowled enough to play Tests. He only just played his first BBL game last night.

adub

International Captain
Patto fit, Patto play. It's basically a commandment.

(because it's just that simple....)
That's actually largely true I reckon, but if Johnson, Harris and Siddle are all fit in SA who makes way? Nice problem to have I suppose.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
today: Can someone tell me how George Bailey gets in the Aussie Test side? Apart from being a punch bag for Jimmy that is....

5 weeks ago: How can you not pick Bailey???????

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
today: Can someone tell me how George Bailey gets in the Aussie Test side? Apart from being a punch bag for Jimmy that is....

5 weeks ago: How can you not pick Bailey???????
Very few people rate Bailey, today or weeks ago

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm sorry but throwing in a young leggie when you're 4-0 down against this batting line-up seems crazy to me.

Mark68

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Looks like Matty Prior is back. Don't see the sense in dropping him for just one game. Looks like we are heading back to the bad old days of chopping and changing and then changing again. Madness.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm sorry but throwing in a young leggie when you're 4-0 down against this batting line-up seems crazy to me.
Normally i'd agree but what have we got to lose?

Going to get hammered whether we play Panesaer, Tredwell or Borthwick so may as well bolster the batting.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah, I could see Bresnan going for one of the other pacers but anymore than 1 change is silly.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nah Borthwick's just a year late. Lets play Adil Rashid instead… oh wait, they're all the same, and all ****ing rubbish...

Mark68

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Seems all the press are going with this so probably true.

Pleasant surprise this side.

Scott Borthwick will get hammered all over Sydney. His pasting will make Simon Kerrigan's self destruction at the Oval seem like a walk in the park. We have not been able to live with Australia's aggression, planning and commitment. Can't say fairer than that. Better in every facet of the game.