• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

List of England cricketers who shouldn't be prevented from re-entering the motherland

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only one ton for the English in the series then. Is that a record in a 5 match series?

Mark68

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think Andy Flower should stop off on the way back for some rest and recuperation. In Baghdad.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I lay blame on only one person......the team mechanic. In England we were stuck in 3rd gear, down here we haven't got out of first........fix the ****ing transmission FFS.
I think the main problem is England has been preoccupied with changing gears and haven't realised it's an automatic.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Only one ton for the English in the series then. Is that a record in a 5 match series?
IIRC England didn't manage even one ton in the 1972 Ashes.
Still drew though.

And I'm struggling to remember a ton in the 5-0 drubbing in the Caribbean in 1986.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
You do realise that you shouldn't write "Stokes" and "Motherland" in the same sentence.

"Christchurch; that's in England" etc

Incidentally, Stokes or Corey Anderson - two 22 year-olds from Christchurch; who'll have the better career?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
That's funny because I don't see too many indigenous players in the current NZ team. Looks pretty european to me.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Are Lancashire and Yorkshire considered parts of England? Not to mention Northumberland, Cumbria and Durham.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Zinzan's staunch defence of Piers Morgan is one of the more bizarre things to have happened on CW recently.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
That's funny because I don't see too many indigenous players in the current NZ team. Looks pretty european to me.
Is Europe in England?

I suppose we could all try and piss off back to Hawaiki but I hear the US isn't too keen on immigration. Taiwan, maybe? hmmm.

Last edited: