Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Piers Morgan bowled Lee no score 3 bruises

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Disappoint that Lee didn't chuck in the Beamer, though I did notice pretty much every delivery was an overstepping no ball.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Pretty sure he said he'd take down MJ next.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Disappoint that Lee didn't chuck in the Beamer, though I did notice pretty much every delivery was an overstepping no ball.
    I noticed the same. Need to get him back to face some legal deliveries.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Just watched Sky's video of this on YouTube, Gower scathing about Morgan. I'm glad he/Athers/Nasser all found piers comments RE Swann/Trott and the rest of the team as crass as I did. I've always found him to be a tosser but his tweets during this Ashes series have been horrendous.
    Kylez likes this.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Just watched Sky's video of this on YouTube, Gower scathing about Morgan. I'm glad he/Athers/Nasser all found piers comments RE Swann/Trott and the rest of the team as crass as I did. I've always found him to be a tosser but his tweets during this Ashes series have been horrendous.
    Its his job tbf

Not that I have much sympathy for him, but he doesn't believe half the stuff he says
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

Morgan's way past being a tosser.

Is actually a genuine see you next Tuesday. Rare to see one individual with so few redeeming features.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post

Is actually a genuine see you next Tuesday. Rare to see one individual with so few redeeming features.
    I think CA have probably hired him to try and make Warner look less of a ****, but not even Piers Morgan can manage that

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post

No surprise to see who his footy team is I guess

Low blow.

You get Elvis Costello and Half Man Half Biscuit, we get Osama Bin Laden and Piers ****ing Morgan.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    after Johnson finished off our innings the only disappointment for me on day two was that Brett didn't knock Morgan's head off his shoulders. Ponse.
    Cricket Spectator

International Debutant the big bambino's Avatar
    I've not faced anyone seriously good or quick like some here as I'm not a good cricketer. From that perspective I wasn't comfortable watching Lee bowl at Morgan. The latter was always going to be clearly over matched if the bowler took it seriously which he did. For all his playing up to the camera and waving Lee on Morgan was scared as anyone who has seen even a little of cricket and knows what it means when a batsmen retreats to square. Even a novice watching his body language would have known that. Morgan could've been badly hurt and how would have Lee felt then? Everyone involved would have been ashamed on reflection. That possibility was always at the forefront and bcos of it there was no humour in the session. I started this thread and I suppose should have said what I felt at the time. I guess I fell for the beat up.

Anyway I was glad when it finished and it was a poor way to promote cricket as a bullying entertainment. With one exception; it was funny watching Warne trying to crawl up Morgan and the crowd keeping their hands firmly in their pockets.

Gotta feel sympathy for our lot though. He's managed to infultriate his way into my life through supporting every team I support, and posting ****e about it on social media.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    I've not faced anyone seriously good or quick like some here as I'm not a good cricketer. From that perspective I wasn't comfortable watching Lee bowl at Morgan. The latter was always going to be clearly over matched if the bowler took it seriously which he did. For all his playing up to the camera and waving Lee on Morgan was scared as anyone who has seen even a little of cricket and knows what it means when a batsmen retreats to square. Even a novice watching his body language would have known that. Morgan could've been badly hurt and how would have Lee felt then? Everyone involved would have been ashamed on reflection. That possibility was always at the forefront and bcos of it there was no humour in the session. I started this thread and I suppose should have said what I felt at the time. I guess I fell for the beat up.

Anyway I was glad when it finished and it was a poor way to promote cricket as a bullying entertainment. With one exception; it was funny watching Warne trying to crawl up Morgan and the crowd keeping their hands firmly in their pockets.
    Are you serious? It's not like they made Piers do it! He's asked to do it, in a direct response to the English batsmen not coping with Australia's hostile fast bowling. If he received anything other than a quick bowling barrage, I guarantee you he would have been tweeting immediately about how easy it was to face up, and how if he can do it anyone can, etc, and the entire point of the stunt is missed entirely.

Your sympathy is completely misguided, and I say that just in relation to what he's said/done in the last few weeks, not even about what he's 'accomplished' in his lifetime.
    Last edited by Nate; 27-12-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    James90, grecian and BeeGee like this.
    Jesus brings life eternal

remembering the life of Phil 'The Prince' Hughes

In The Ashes Verdict up here Butch, RGD Willis & Dizzy were all pretty scathing of Morgan. Butch said it was disappointing he was being given even more oxygen of publicity, Willis said his ego would fit in well with Pietersen's and Warner's but Gillespie delivered the mot juste: said if there'd been another over Warne would've been giving him mouth to mouth because he was all over loving him.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Just watched the replay. It's still funny to watch and as someone else said, it makes you realise how quick 145+ is.

Did Morgan really end up with a broken wrist as Slats just mentioned?
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information