Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Piers Morgan bowled Lee no score 3 bruises

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Yep and all the ostensibly seam-up slow-meds magically turn up at exactly that time to bend their back.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    The extended 50 minute warm up concluding just as the sun ducks behind the stands is just coincidence, probably.
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post

Christ, Lee did put in too. #tears4piers

EDIT: Shut up, Warne.
    He certainly did. Really thought the whole thing was gonna be **** and Lee would bowl puss to him.......no way, that was the real deal WAFG.

haahahhahahahahahhaha was an opener myself but when faced with seriously fast bowling just pretended to leave it. Worked well.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    i think the biggest thing is the background behind the bowler is usually ****. so much more difficult to pick up blokes in the nets at 6 30 when its half black than with a sightscreen in the middle of the day.
    Got whacked on the helmet by a bloke from second grade who decided to rip in when it was almost dark. Didn't believe he'd let it go at full pace until it was halfway down the wicket and I realised it was short and going at my head. Let him know straight away I thought he was a ****ing idiot who needed to do a little more thinking about things.

Resisted the temptation to return the favour the next week cause the prick was about 6 foot 4 and I would've done my back trying to get a short one high enough.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

International Debutant the big bambino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Nash was proper quick early days, 90+ I'd say.

Have said it a few times, have been in the nets against two seriously rapido ****s; Troy Corbett and Shane George. George was definitely 90+ for most of his career, was actually clocked 150+, I believe. Corbett even quicker. George was tough, especially with a skinful prior to training (most of the time....) but Corbett was nasty. Lovely, lovely bloke but he was a lefty with the physique of a ruckman whose default ball was the away swinger. The times I faced him, either he zipped the ball away from my bat (resident in the next postcode...) or brought the ball back in from just back of a length outside leg-stump. With his bounce and extreme pace it meant you had no prayer of getting out of the way and my ribs were rattled every couple of balls. Was spitting blood for days and couldn't take a deep breath for weeks after that.

Honourable mention, Dennis Hickey. I didn't face him because he rarely turned out for club training but once he did and delivered some peppery stuff at our state reps when he was trying to get back in the side. Was half-rat I'm certain but Jesus Christ it was lethal.
    Nice post. All quick yet all had fc averages of 40+. Incredible to think the of the skill to make bowlers of that class to pay that much for their wickets. One of the blokes I think about as an if only was Wayne Prior. Just checked his cricinfo profile and he kind of drifted out of the game after WSC. Apparently real quick.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    I hope they do a follow up piece on Piers tomorrow and show his bruises, if only for the pleasure we will get out of it.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Nice post. All quick yet all had fc averages of 40+. Incredible to think the of the skill to make bowlers of that class to pay that much for their wickets. One of the blokes I think about as an if only was Wayne Prior. Just checked his cricinfo profile and he kind of drifted out of the game after WSC. Apparently real quick.
    Feel like I've said this before somewhere....(apologies if I have).

But yeah, George did have a decent run for SA and had a few good seasons where he won state player of the year but I don't think he had a season where he paid < 30 for his wickets. Not enough movement in general. Corbett and Hickey were hugely affected by injuries, though. Corbett especially had the trajectory to be a gun but he moved here from Victoria and his spine basically collapsed one day. Sad.

On raw speed, Corbett was up there with Tait reputedly. Never saw him clocked, though.

International Debutant the big bambino's Avatar
    Well I'd never heard of Corbett until today. Thanks for the recollections.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Remember Burgey saying Sydney Barnes pinned him with some quick stuff.
    andyc, Jono, Son Of Coco and 2 others like this.
    Jesus brings life eternal

remembering the life of Phil 'The Prince' Hughes

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Man, Warne's a kiss-arse, huh?

"This is serious courage."

**** was ten feet over to square leg.
    He loves getting that new face of his on TV, does Shane, and so he's not going to be burning the best bridge for him to get on TV in America any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Brett Lee seems to be somewhat of a hero on the twittersphere!! No love at all for poor all battered Piers.

Did Moron actually say on TMS that Trott and Swann should "man-up"? he really is an utter waste of skin.
    BeeGee likes this.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Made more gags in an interview after the net session about how he wouldn't be running off home, and would stick it out in Australia. What a flog.

International Regular
    My favorite part of that video (aside from Morgan being hit repeatedly obviously) is Warne trying to get the round of applause going and a tumbleweed rolling past. Everybody hates Piers.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information