• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Piers Morgan bowled Lee no score 3 bruises

the big bambino

International Captain
Tea time break and Morgan backed up his boast to face Lee. Lee smacked him 3 times and bowled him once. Was surprised at the heat Lee worked up. Reckoned he was 80%. Morgan spent most of his time in the square leg pocket of the net.

Anyone here face Thompson or at least some seriously quick?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heals just gave Morgan an absolute bagging when play started too.

I've faced Don Nash, first ball was a yorker and by the time I worked that out and got the bat down the stumps were everywhere. Don't think he was going flat out either.

the big bambino

International Captain
And Nash is fast medium. I've never faced anyone that good. I was surprised that Lee was a little more serious than I thought he'd be. He chased Morgan with short ones all the way to square leg. I would've been worried for Morgan if I liked him.

Son Of Coco

You could tell Morgan was getting pissed off too.

I should have added I'm a tailender. I batted as high as 6 in our comp though and these guys were significantly quicker than anyone I'd played against. Brought to an end the talk of guys in our comp being around 135-140. Probably late 120s max.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nash was proper quick early days, 90+ I'd say.

Have said it a few times, have been in the nets against two seriously rapido ****s; Troy Corbett and Shane George. George was definitely 90+ for most of his career, was actually clocked 150+, I believe. Corbett even quicker. George was tough, especially with a skinful prior to training (most of the time....) but Corbett was nasty. Lovely, lovely bloke but he was a lefty with the physique of a ruckman whose default ball was the away swinger. The times I faced him, either he zipped the ball away from my bat (resident in the next postcode...) or brought the ball back in from just back of a length outside leg-stump. With his bounce and extreme pace it meant you had no prayer of getting out of the way and my ribs were rattled every couple of balls. Was spitting blood for days and couldn't take a deep breath for weeks after that.

Honourable mention, Dennis Hickey. I didn't face him because he rarely turned out for club training but once he did and delivered some peppery stuff at our state reps when he was trying to get back in the side. Was half-rat I'm certain but Jesus Christ it was lethal.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I couldn't deal with facing someone quick in the nets. You feel so trapped.
As Piers found out.....tried his best to hide but there was nowhere to go :D

Edit:

Just showed a nice bruise on his forearm on the news.....reckon he'll have a couple worse on his back LOL

Top_Cat

Not to mention every quick bowler ever bowls two metres closer in the nets.

Flem274*

123/5
Good on him for getting in there tbh. He's a dick but so many blokes would never have mouthed off then got in there.

Top_Cat

Christ, Lee did put in too. #tears4piers

EDIT: Shut up, Warne.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Pisses me off when they over step too. We've got a guy who "only" bowls 135 and I reckon I could handle him if he didn't over step. In his favour he is very nice and pitches it up.

91Jmay

International Coach
Why are they lying that Piers Moron got in behind it and didn't run away? He was nearly in the other net on most of them?

Riggins

International Captain
i think the biggest thing is the background behind the bowler is usually ****. so much more difficult to pick up blokes in the nets at 6 30 when its half black than with a sightscreen in the middle of the day.

Top_Cat

Yep and all the ostensibly seam-up slow-meds magically turn up at exactly that time to bend their back.

Riggins

International Captain
The extended 50 minute warm up concluding just as the sun ducks behind the stands is just coincidence, probably.

wiff

First Class Debutant
haahahhahahahahahhaha was an opener myself but when faced with seriously fast bowling just pretended to leave it. Worked well.

Son Of Coco

i think the biggest thing is the background behind the bowler is usually ****. so much more difficult to pick up blokes in the nets at 6 30 when its half black than with a sightscreen in the middle of the day.
Got whacked on the helmet by a bloke from second grade who decided to rip in when it was almost dark. Didn't believe he'd let it go at full pace until it was halfway down the wicket and I realised it was short and going at my head. Let him know straight away I thought he was a ****ing idiot who needed to do a little more thinking about things.

Resisted the temptation to return the favour the next week cause the prick was about 6 foot 4 and I would've done my back trying to get a short one high enough.