• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Piers Morgan bowled Lee no score 3 bruises

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
No. And that wasn't my assertion at all. My assertion was that facing fast bowling in the modern era is reasonably safe because of equipment (not stress-free), that Morgan was in no serious danger etc etc. Which he wasn't. Sure, he might cop a ball in the ribs, wrist, hand, thru the visor, but it's safe in terms of real danger.

And Ian Healy at least laughs at himself. Warne is ****ing awful.
Fair enough, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But I don't think Ian Healy realises he's a joke at all. The bloke played 100 Tests yet I'd still back my U12 boys to analyse a game better. I've enjoyed Warne this series - yes he's probably a bit of a fan boy when it comes to his great mate Clarkey but he certainly gives praise to Englishmen when they deserve it. I enjoyed him cutting in with Vaughan saying Broad was one of the only players who could hold his head high this series and instead digging into how feeble his batting has been.

For you to say he has 'poor analysis skills' is a bit laughable, however. A guy who was widely acknowledged as having one of the greatest cricket brains and would've been a brilliant Australian captain if not for his excitable wang.

I agree, Morgan was no serious danger - which is why I had no issue with the whole stunt. Seems he's such a loud mouth the biggest issue wouldve been getting a bouncer straight down the gob.

I honestly don't get the 'shame on Brett Lee' stuff. So we are to learn that anyone can gob off with false bravado and not expect any comeuppance? Sounds like a fairly poor life lesson. If he'd pitched it up, Morgan would've probably slapped a couple down the ground and pissed on about how great he is and it's actually easy. He talked the talk, Lee taught him - and others - not to let your mouth write cheques your body can't cash, and I don't imagine anyone else will be doing that in the future.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Said the pot to the kettle.
Chappell has done volunteer work for asylum seekers. He often ****s me as a commentator and is probably up-himself as a bloke, but he's got a good heart. Not sure you can say the same about Morgan.

Last edited: