• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Our treatment of KP

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
I'm not comfortable with. Sure, i'm as p!ssed as the next pom at this series, but some of the pressure heaped on KP is unfair.

This guy is the best England bat in my lifetime. Few people in the game's history can take apart attacks like him at his best.

If he hits a big score, i clear my schedule to watch the highlights.

Let's get things into perspective. He's an infuriating and brilliant player. We've been blessed to have him.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not comfortable with. Sure, i'm as p!ssed as the next pom at this series, but some of the pressure heaped on KP is unfair.

This guy is the best England bat in my lifetime. Few people in the game's history can take apart attacks like him at his best.

If he hits a big score, i clear my schedule to watch the highlights.

Let's get things into perspective. He's an infuriating and brilliant player. We've been blessed to have him.
Well your treatment of him seems quite alright.

ho-hum.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmmmm, tricky one this.

Pre Headingleygate I was one of KP's biggest fans and it infuriated me how he was never truly accepted and appreciated by England fans, also thought he was treated appallingly by the ECB during the Moores debacle. But what he did last English summer was treacherous and at the time I never wanted him back playing for England again........but now that that has all been worked out and he does appear at least to be a team player I've softened to him again and glad that we have him.

I've never criticised him for the way he plays his cricket though, that's KP and you have to accept that there will be frustrating soft dismissals along with big innings of utter greatness.

I think however unfair it is it's just a given now that unless he's scoring hundreds he'll get criticised for how he plays......crazy that he's 67no and scoring at 44 and people are on his back for being too negative, if he goes out early this morning trying to up the ante with an aggressive shot he'll be lambasted for being reckless.......he can't win either way.

Jassy

Banned
I'd give anything to have him in the Australian or Indian side. England will know his value only when he is gone. Most talented batsman of his generation and one of the very best.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
After what he did today, he should be treated like ****. And I'm a huge huge fan.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
After what he did today, he should be treated like ****. And I'm a huge huge fan.
It was a **** dismissal, but batting with the tail and criticised from all corners for his defensive play yesterday.........was always gonna happen. Like I said before, doesn't matter what he does it will always be wrong.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It was a **** dismissal, but batting with the tail and criticised from all corners for his defensive play yesterday.........was always gonna happen. Like I said before, doesn't matter what he does it will always be wrong.
Would have thought one of the best batsmen in the world and some say the best batsmen of his generation would be able to hit that middleground of plodding and downright stupidly aggressive.

And no way you can say Broad is the tail.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ridiculous and this is the problem with the op's point, practically everyone in this England side has been criticized this series, and rightly so, it's been ****ing dog-****. Yet ya know if KP had scored 150+ and got us to a decent score you know I think he wouldn't have been critic'd, but he didn't do that he hoiked at a straight ball missing it ridiculously, now normally people are called out for that type of thing, so is KP.

He may well be the best batsmen of my watching England, even though I'd put a couple ahead of him, but I admit it's debatable, he's up there, yet I'm ****ing certain all those others in the mix were slagged off in their time, that's ****ing life, stop whining about poor little KP.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
He may well be the best batsmen of my watching England, even though I'd put a couple ahead of him, but I admit it's debatable, he's up there, yet I'm ****ing certain all those others in the mix were slagged off in their time, that's ****ing life, stop whining about poor little KP.
****, sorry mate.....wont do it again.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Sad indictment of English cricket that he is considered the best batsmen of your generation. There's a reason he averages 47.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Presumably he means this Aussie generation lost 4/6 Ashes series to the English generation got spin was potting.