• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Australia whitewash England?

Is 5-0 on the cards?

• Total voters

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
At 3 zip it certainly isn't out of the question is it??

Edit:

Really depends if Australia can maintain the intensity or not, if they do then I don't see any other outcome but 5-0........they only have to take the foot of the peddle a little though to give England a sniff at these next 2 venues.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Adders is right, if the ease off even slightly that might help England back into a game. All about whether the Aussies maintain the intensity, if they do it will almost certainly be 5-0 as England have no answer.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Going by the Indian team whitewashes in England and Australia, the team morale takes a serious hit after the 2nd lost test match :(

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nah, I don't think so. They have a collapse in them at some stage that will lose a Test, and besides Adelaide, these last two venues probably suit England best if not better, provided a hint of movement in the past few years with the new ball.

ajdude

International Coach
nah, i'll be at the MCG days 2 and 4 so i'll get to see at least one australian batting collapse (maybe 2) and probably cook and carberry grinding out centuries

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah if the Aussies fully collapse in there first innings (as they have already threatened to do twice) then England have there way to avoid the whitewash I will be optimistic and say 4-1, with us winning at the G.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I imagine some feet being taken off the gas, and England's supposedly gun core of players can't be so bad for the rest of the series, can they?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I imagine some feet being taken off the gas, and England's supposedly gun core of players can't be so bad for the rest of the series, can they?
I'd be astonished if Aus took as much as their little toe off the gas. And as for England's senior players, this has been increasingly visible for best part of two years, so it won't be a huge surprise if they don't show any significant improvement in the next two tests. Maybe Melbourne will suit Anderson more, but Harris would also benefit.

5-0 has to be the likeliest outcome.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rampant Aussie sides do have a history of letting us win a dead rubber, but then they always started as overwhelming favourites - I fear this lot will remain driven to the bitter end

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Rampant Aussie sides do have a history of letting us win a dead rubber, but then they always started as overwhelming favourites - I fear this lot will remain driven to the bitter end
Agreed. Those past rampant Aussie sides would never have experienced the hurt that this Aussie team has over the last couple of years. There will be no let up from them at all.

dumastudetto

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Of course they wont win this series 5-0. The teams are very evenly matched and England are heading to the MCG and Sydney where traditionally they are stronger than the Aussies. I expect the final score to be 3-2 and England to send a strong message that the sacred Ashes will be regained in England once more.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Of course they wont win this series 5-0. The teams are very evenly matched and England are heading to the MCG and Sydney where traditionally they are stronger than the Aussies. I expect the final score to be 3-2 and England to send a strong message that the sacred Ashes will be regained in England once more.
:laugh:

You are very good!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I retain some vague hope that Cook and/or Pietersen have at least one sizeable innings in them at some point in the series, but I'm not so hopeful we have the bowling to take advantage of it anymore, especially with Broad's foot worries.

If I were to bet, 5-0 would get the Brumby quid.

Spark

Global Moderator
I thought KP was on track for a biggie 2nd dig at Perth tbh. Looked seriously good.

I guess it's just a question of whether he can not get himself out for 150 balls or so.