• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st ODI at the MCG

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Warm-ups nearly over and we can start looking at the business end of this tour. Looking forward to the arrival of the big guns like Morgan and Tredwell who've been rested so far.

Come on England!

12th January btw

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bold move by Australia to rest Clarke and Bailey and appoint Arun Finch as captain

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure if it's worth going to this match tbh, might actually feel like it once the ashes are over

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maximas, we need a long range weather forecast for Geelong for 12 January.

Jassy

Banned
This series is basically meaningless after the tests. I wonder why they don't have it before?! Anyway, I see another flogging here for England. It is an absolute no-contest in ODI's. Australia nearly beat the World Champions at home with a couple of players missing. England obviously won't care too much but if England lose the last 2 tests, then Pakistan's 0-9 on the tour of Australia circa 2010(which is the record, I believe, for the most number of international matches lost on a single tour across formats - minnows included) could be in danger.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This series is basically meaningless after the tests. I wonder why they don't have it before?!
Because of the traditional timings of the Melbourne and Sydney tests. Basically, Australia always play their test series before their ODI series.

Spark

Global Moderator
Could do it the other way, and have the Test series running mostly through December/January instead of November/December. Like the India tour a few years back.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Could do it the other way, and have the Test series running mostly through December/January instead of November/December. Like the India tour a few years back.
Ashes starting on Christmas Night would be epic

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
This series is basically meaningless after the tests. I wonder why they don't have it before?! Anyway, I see another flogging here for England. It is an absolute no-contest in ODI's. Australia nearly beat the World Champions at home with a couple of players missing. England obviously won't care too much but if England lose the last 2 tests, then Pakistan's 0-9 on the tour of Australia circa 2010(which is the record, I believe, for the most number of international matches lost on a single tour across formats - minnows included) could be in danger.
Momentum really doesn't mean **** in limited overs cricket. There's also the fact that Bailey, Faulkner etc are exactly the type of batsmen you might expect to hammer Ishant Sharma on dead Indian wickets.

But yeah, what an anti-climax.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Christmas has been ruined by the series being dead. I swear to god I was so hyped. The missus got in extra drinks and snacks especially and everything.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, South Africa played New Zealand in a T20. It was particularly annoying because SA's tour of Australia was shortened and moved forward so that they could have the festive period for their own tests. Then they played a T20 game against New Zealand.

So it not only meant no boxing day test in SA, but it meant the boxing day test in Aus wasn't as good.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
If we hadn't lost Trott I would be fairly confident about winning this series. I still think England will win but will be interesting to see how the England team develops without Trott. He was a damn infuriating player to watch at times but he was damn good at what he did and his effect on the team was definitely +ve.