• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st ODI at the MCG

Stace

First Class Debutant
They gave Luke a bit of a go but I don't think he knew how to construct an ODI innings then so they moved on, it didn't help that he wasn't given a consistent run, i'm happy to see him doing well in the BBL, he's a good honest lad

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
They gave Luke a bit of a go but I don't think he knew how to construct an ODI innings then so they moved on, it didn't help that he wasn't given a consistent run, i'm happy to see him doing well in the BBL, he's a good honest lad
Yeah fair enough, his record is mediocre but I would be more fearful of England's batting lineup with him in it.

EDIT - Prince EWS is Pews.

ajdude

International Coach
ffs cook, should've bowled first so i don't have to watch the dynamic top order of cook, bell, root

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CA Digital Media ‏@CricketAus 3m
Interestingly no spinner selected by England, while @MClarke23 has Xavier Doherty and Glenn Maxwell at his disposal #AusvEng

hmm.....

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I'm thinking this ODI series could well be a nail in One Day crickets coffin.

The BBL game in Brisbane tonight was played to a sell out crowd, I dunno, but I don't think a ODI would sell out at the GABBA atm. If this series is a dud (which is more than possible) it is competing against the BBL which is gonna be on a rival channel on Aussie TV and is getting bums on seats. What are the ICC and cricket boards around the world going to think if a domestic T20 comp conjures more interest than an International fixture??

We'll have to wait and see what the crowds are like but for those that still think ODI's are a better contest than T20 these are worrying times.

Why would any Brisbane cricket fan choose to go to the ODI, which would be a lot more expensive than a BBL game, when Australia put in such a disgraceful effort at the Gabba last year and the game only lasted 50 overs as a result?

Having said that, ODI's are still my favourite format and I wish they could work out a way to continue to make them viable. I remember in the early 00's having to go on eBay to find tickets for the one ODI we would get up here because they were always sold out.

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
Why would any Brisbane cricket fan choose to go to the ODI, which would be a lot more expensive than a BBL game, when Australia put in such a disgraceful effort at the Gabba last year and the game only lasted 50 overs as a result?

Having said that, ODI's are still my favourite format and I wish they could work out a way to continue to make them viable. I remember in the early 00's having to go on eBay to find tickets for the one ODI we would get up here because they were always sold out.
Yeah, last year sucked at the Gabba, for sure

However, at least this year, they are only resting one blue-chip player each game

Also, we only get to see international cricket twice each year, that's a big part of the reason I am attending on Friday

wiff

First Class Debutant
No worries. I actually think England are decent value today with many of the Aussies players in T20 mode. I rate Coulter-Nile higher than 85% of the forum (that's for Pews) but I feel as though we are missing a trick by not playing Pattinson for his aggression. I want us to go for the kill, not have 10 overs from Xavier Doherty going for 0/43.
Yes I have the feeling we are going to get pummelled. Bowling lineup looks like it is missing something. My tip is England to win, but I also tipped them to win the ashes.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wonder what Finn has done to the selectors?

I know they're different formats but given how piss-poor Rankin was in the last test, you'd have thought Finn would be a shoe in here plus it's hard to see how he is going to improve when he never gets picked