• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st ODI at the MCG

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, he was a better ODI player than test player in the last year or two. Will be missed greater in this format.

Guess they'll probably bump Bell down to three and use Carberry as opener alongside Cook.

Spark

Global Moderator
Surely England can take a lot of hope about this on the basis that the team that loses the Ashes always seems to win these?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Surely England can take a lot of hope about this on the basis that the team that loses the Ashes always seems to win these?
Yes! I mentioned this somewhere once we went 2-0 down. It's in the bag.

Jassy

Banned
England are not winning this, absolutely no frikkin way. 6 months avatar bet if anyone is up for it on the result of the series.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
England are not winning this, absolutely no frikkin way. 6 months avatar bet if anyone is up for it on the result of the series.
I'd take you up on that cept my Avatar is already spoken for.

Spark is right......this has traditionally been a consolation prise for the losing Ashes team in recent times.

Last edited:

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
What are everyone's thoughts on the best possible ODI lineup for Australia as it stands? It's a bit hard to know without much consistency in the ODI lineups over the past few years...

I'd have thought it was something like this:
Warner, <Hughes?>, Watson, Clarke, Bailey, <Voges?>, Haddin, Johnson, Harris, McKay, <Doherty?>

These players appear to be at the forefront of the selectors' ODI minds: Faulkner, Maxwell, Finch, Marsh, Wade

Players like Lynn, Steve Smith, Cutting, Coulter-Nile, Maddinson are also probably in the mix for getting a run this summer while they rotate the players through the games. My issue with Faulkner and Maxwell is the same as Cutting, all players who can throw the bat but are a question mark as a 4th bowling option because of their economy rates and as a number 6 batsman if/when the top order collapses in the way it was doing last summer.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
watson, hughes, clarke, bailey, smith, voges, rad haddin, johnson, starc, mckay, some spinner

idk i put no real thought into this. if you don't open with watson, obviously an opener comes in for smith (also: someone could just come in at 5 instead of smith), voges could be replaced by maxwell or someone, question marks over keeper and spinner. harris comes in for mckay if harris intends to push for the 2015 WC.

Spark

Global Moderator
Early February. Advance squad leaves at about the same time as the last of the internationals against England and the end of the BBL, I think.