• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st ODI at the MCG

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
im dropping root or zimbabwe for hales and moving bell to 3/4 and hales opening, these ****s scored 28 runs in the first 10 which is what really held them back from making a good score. bring in hales and tell him to play the first 10 like a 20/20, they've got enough batting depth with stokes and butler but the top order is to stagnant imo
Could also drop Root for noted dasher Michael Can Berry, if you wanted to stick within the confines of the squad picked.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
On Rankin, people are forgetting that he looked our most impressive bowler in the summer ODIs. Had pace and threat, took wickets and was difficult to score off. Add in Aus conditions and he should be even more potent. The gripe I have would be with his management, akin to Finn's management. And Bresnan actually. What the **** are we doing to our bowlers?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
im dropping root or zimbabwe for hales and moving bell to 3/4 and hales opening, these ****s scored 28 runs in the first 10 which is what really held them back from making a good score. bring in hales and tell him to play the first 10 like a 20/20, they've got enough batting depth with stokes and butler but the top order is to stagnant imo
I would drop Root and rest Cook. Bring in Carbs and Wright or Hales.

1. Wright/Hales 2. Carberry 3. Bell 4. Ballance 5. Morgan 6. Stokes 7. Buttler

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The commentators are reading too much into this performance by England. These sort of performances happen really often in ODI's and its only the first match of the series with no warm-ups. Hold your catches, bring back Broad and include a guy in form like a Wright or Hales to open the batting and the team is fine.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
there's like only 3 people in this australian team that I certainly want in our team in the first WC match next year. (Clarke, Watson, Bailey. And even then I want Watson opening as opposed to being at 3)
Who'd your XI be?

Burgey

Needs a spinner tbh.

Hales is a must. Send the **** in and let him bomb away

Edit: @n00fers

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Needs a spinner tbh.

Hales is a must. Send the **** in and let him bomb away

Edit: @n00fers
Yeah Hales probably should be playing. I was including Wright ahead of him on the basis that he'd be able to bowl a few overs as the sixth bowler and I don't think their batting level in Australia for this series would be much different. Of course both Hales and Wright could play which could be interesting.

Spikey

Who'd your XI be?
Well, note the "certainly" part. Warner and Haddin, for example, are two I'm really uncertain on. But if I was told the following team was lining up, I wouldn't be that upset:

Watson
Hughes
Clarke
Bailey
Smith
Voges
Wade
MJ
Starc
Harris
Lyon

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
The commentators are reading too much into this performance by England. These sort of performances happen really often in ODI's and its only the first match of the series with no warm-ups. Hold your catches, bring back Broad and include a guy in form like a Wright or Hales to open the batting and the team is fine.
Nah we're ****ed tbh.