• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Riggins

International Captain
Clarke winning 4 tosses in a row would be 1/16 chance. Cook having a 15/16 chance of winning the toss means they'll probably bat first and have a better chance of doing well.

Riggins

International Captain
No doubt. England are now a 15/16 chance of setting us 500 to win in the fourth innings at Melbourne. Lock it in.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's a fair chance the toss will flick Cook's off-bail and send him back to the sheds for a blob.

Jassy

Banned
Surely Clarke is as likely to win the toss as Cook is? Independent events etc. Or are you just taking the piss?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarke winning 4 tosses in a row would be 1/16 chance. Cook having a 15/16 chance of winning the toss means they'll probably bat first and have a better chance of doing well.
ok now what are the chances of clarke just winning the next coin toss

sreeku7

School Boy/Girl Captain
Teams which batted first do not have a higher success rate at MCG during the last 15 years or so

91Jmay

International Coach
Cook
Carberry
Root
KP
Bell
Stokes
Bairstow
Broad or Finn if not fit
Swann
Anderson
Rankin

Series gone, and whilst winning Test Matches is still important we need to find a 3rd seamer desperately. Lets see if Boyd is that man.

grecian

Semi-serious question, as an Englishman do you care about losing 5-0?

The fact is I'm finding I don't. We don't deserve to win a Test. The only bright spark of the last Match was a young un coming through (and proving me spectacularly wrong in the process, good on him). So **** it lets's rest a few of these *****, send 'em home and try to blood some more youth.

I'D go:

Cook
Root
Moeen
Bell
Ballance
Bairstow
Stokes
Bresnan
Anderson
Finn
Mills

Let Mills and Finn bowl in short bursts, Ali and Root to do the spin-duties. Yeah it's a terrible looking side looking short on everything, umm where was I going on this, oh yeah it's still got more chance of winning then our shot load of idjits playing out there now.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Cook
Carberry
Root
KP
Bell
Stokes
Bairstow
Broad or Finn if not fit
Swann
Anderson
Rankin

Series gone, and whilst winning Test Matches is still important we need to find a 3rd seamer desperately. Lets see if Boyd is that man.
Will be looking forward to it if that does happen. His FC record isn't much to chirp about though.

91Jmay

International Coach
Bollocks to Mills playing. The bloke can't get Div 2 batsmen out, that would be a slap in the face to every player who has actually performed in CC and would be the ECB admitting publicly that the competition doesn't matter at all. Would say 'There is no point performing in it, just pray you have a special feature that the selectors feel is necessary for Tests like pace or height and you will go on tours. If you don't, then forget about playing CC. It doesn't matter'. Rankin bowls 90 MPH + and has a solid Div 1 record.

Spark

Global Moderator
I cannot possibly understand the mentality that says it's worth burning a Test just so you can let some not-yet-ready players experience getting hammered. I mean, what's the point? Play to win ffs.

grecian

I cannot possibly understand the mentality that says it's worth burning a Test just so you can let some not-yet-ready players experience getting hammered. I mean, what's the point? Play to win ffs.
Well, I don't think we can win either way.