• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

SpofforthLohman

U19 12th Man
Well I stayed stum for the rest of the days play,at stumps now and its virtually game over, we are incredibly brittle whenever Clarke fails, he is our one world class batsman, the rest are just fair weather players it looks like. This current 11 will never be the world's number one, not possible when they are likely to have complete batting collapses like they did today and through the entire ashes series in England (last two tours in a row). Thankfully Clarke is like Steve Waugh, consistently brilliant but of course all batsmen have fails along the way. Warner might become great one day, he sure has the ability but lets get some consistency. Rogers dissappointed me today because he should have got a ton, how much longer will they pick him without him making centuries ?, we needed him badly today and then he got out. Happy with Johnson's 5 wickets at least. If Auystralia get away with this game they need England to perform mass cricket suicide.

Spark

Global Moderator
This kind of comment reminds me of what English posters (myself included) said in the home Ashes series. Sure not many of the wicket taking balls were great balls but the overall pressure exerted was what brought the wickets.
Yeah. England bowled really, really well today. Though that doesn't excuse Watson and Clarke in particular. After that the main difference is the tail not being able to hang around and that'll happen from time to time.

Last edited:

jan

State Vice-Captain
Thougn I had seen Warner (damnit!) and Watson out I didnt expect to wake up to such a result :D

So what happens now?

ajdude

International Coach
did I not say this would happen weeks ago? I'd go and it'd be our worst day for the series. Bet anything we erase the deficit and get a 10 run lead and bowl England out for like 100 off 60 overs tomorrow leaving us 110 on day 4 (when ajdude will be there next). Enter all out for 12

Spark

Global Moderator
did I not say this would happen weeks ago? I'd go and it'd be our worst day for the series. Bet anything we erase the deficit and get a 10 run lead and bowl England out for like 100 off 60 overs tomorrow leaving us 110 on day 4 (when ajdude will be there next). Enter all out for 12
Yeah I mean if anyone is surprised by what happened today then they simply haven't followed Australian cricket for very long. The saving grace is that we aren't yet out of the match and besides, we've already won the series.

Riggins

International Captain
d00d's point was that we sucked because he was there, not because we suck in general from time to time.

91Jmay

International Coach
Just watching highlights (I only started watching after tea) and Warner's innings was utter crap. Guy needs to remember that A) he isn't some kind of genius who can throw his hands at everything B) it isn't a T20. Was an awful innings, he looked worse than Anderson/Broad did when they batted.

91Jmay

International Coach
Bailey doesn't look a Test match player unless its an absolute road or he can play an ODI innings. Do you keep him because continuity of selection is nice after the amount of changes you've made recently or do you have a look at a younger player?

Spark

Global Moderator
Bailey doesn't look a Test match player unless its an absolute road or he can play an ODI innings. Do you keep him because continuity of selection is nice after the amount of changes you've made recently or do you have a look at a younger player?
This is basically the same lineup that has played since OT tbh, though the order has settled down. Very little reason to persist with him now barring a big match-winning score in the 4th dig. He simply hasn't looked the part.

91Jmay

International Coach
I can't see him getting many in South Africa. If you had perhaps a sub-continent tour coming up he might be worth persisting with, so there is that to factor in. Seems ridiculous to even mention but Doolan looked a player with a nice technique in the Big Bash the other day.