• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Well done Australia

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Couldn't watch the final rites but heck, well played Australia. The natural order is restored, now get down to Africa so we see the real top two bash it out.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For me, the Ashes is everything in international cricket. From my POV we could beat every other team home and away, but it wouldn't matter to me as much as winning the Ashes does. It's just about the oldest rivalry in sport, and from an Australian perspective to bore it up the oldest enemy is the thing which matters most. I don't even think an Australian team would consider themselves successful unless they hold the Ashes. It means that much. It isn't that winning them makes you a great or even a very good side, but I don't think you can be a very good or great side unless you have them.

It's very gracious of Corrin to open this thread because, although he's a ****, I know he pretty well feels the same way I do. Fair play to him, and in fact to most all of the England fans, who have been very decent for the most part through both series, aside from talk about stick shifts. There's been a bit of aggro (my OTT rant during the first test included), but it's nothing like what you get in the threads when the lesser nations are playing. For that we can all be grateful.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great spirit by the Aussies..
Unrelenting but never over the top..
The effort really shows.. and the attitude really shows..

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The astonishing thing for me as a neutral was how quickly it happened.

Boom
Aus won the first test: "Well that's an interesting development! Hey, I always thought Johnson would do better as part of a more consistently threatening attack!"

Boom
Aus bowlers destroyed England's first innings on a flat Adelaide pitch.

"WTF. Ummm, are England going to figure this out in time, or at all?"

Boom
England's batsmen destroyed again.

"Nope, they're not. This series is over. Wow."

The third test seemed to go by more as a formality than anything.

Just such a brutal, shocking kill.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done Australia. I'm sick to the pit of my stomach but that was a serious, old school flaying and a ruthless exhibition of skill. To come back from 3-0 a few months ago is remarkable. Enjoy, ****s.

jan

State Vice-Captain
This was only the third Ashes series I have followed. Despite hoping for a battle, ideally a 3-2 fight decided in the last match, Im glad Australia have won. Its now 2:1 for England in my Ashes reckoning. Well played Clarke & the gang.

Son Of Coco

Thank you mate, very sporting of you. Looking forward to the next clash over your way (after we win this 5-0 of course :ph34r:).

Pothas

Yeah well done Australia, have been brilliant and it's been excellent cricket to watch, not that I have enjoyed it or anything.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Amen to Burgeys post......so ****ing true!!

I had a fair idea before the first of these 10 tests were played that the Aussies would hold the urn at the end of them.......but never in my wildest imagination did I think it would be this ruthless and convincing!! I can't possibly see how you could have played these 3 tests any better.

All respect to the worthy winners and my special note to Michael Clarke.......what a gem you ****s have got in him!! Outstanding player, outstanding captain, and I love to know what those ****wits that booed him in Sydney 3 years ago reckon of him now ;)

Today hurts it really does, but hats off to you blokes and bring on 2015!!

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah congratulations, very well deserved. Total domination in all aspects, we look a million miles away from them for the foreseeable future.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
'grats Aussies. I always felt they were better than much of the media suggested, but I never felt they could turn it around this dramatically in such a short space of time, although I guess they did kind of play the best cricket in the last three tests in England.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Good thread and good general posting from the majority of what I've read. That hasn't stopped the frustration from boiling over into almost sociopathic real life behaviour on my part but nevertheless it must be conceded just how much Australia have deserved this. Soak it all in and enjoy you massive bastards.

Woodster

International Captain
Australia have been outstanding in these first three Tests and thoroughly deserve to have the urn back in their possession. It would be easy as an Englishman to focus on our ineptitude in various areas throughout this tour, but that is not for this thread nor would it be giving sufficient credit to a resurgent, aggressive, and highly skilled Aussie team.

The Aussies have shown the relentlessness that their great teams were famed for, never did they let England off the hook when they were on top and they consistently won session after session without giving us a sniff. To play consistently high class cricket against a good side shows how far they have come in a very short space of time. It will be very interesting to see if this is just a stepping stone for this Aussie side to go to bigger and better performances or whether they will struggle to recapture this level of performance, which I think is unlikely.

It certainly hurts a lot after having the urn in our possession for 1,577 days then losing our grip after 14 poor days of cricket, but full credit to the Aussies.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
SOC don't think I haven't picked up on you liking all these English pain posts you sick SOB!!

fredfertang

I think the way Australia lulled us into a false sense of security in the summer was unsportsmanlike :@