Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Well done Australia

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Haha what? I just acknowledged that you were right and I took your post too seriously and you write that?

Very odd behaviour. Like you're trying to pick a fight I have no interest in.
    Putting a gif up of a total **** means war. I hate Calamity James with a passion.

I apologise for being a plank.
    GIMH likes this.

All good, I credit your original post saying India will get torn a new one resulting in my boy Kohli tonning up
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    For me, the Ashes is everything in international cricket. From my POV we could beat every other team home and away, but it wouldn't matter to me as much as winning the Ashes does. It's just about the oldest rivalry in sport, and from an Australian perspective to bore it up the oldest enemy is the thing which matters most. I don't even think an Australian team would consider themselves successful unless they hold the Ashes. It means that much. It isn't that winning them makes you a great or even a very good side, but I don't think you can be a very good or great side unless you have them.

It's very gracious of Corrin to open this thread because, although he's a ****, I know he pretty well feels the same way I do. Fair play to him, and in fact to most all of the England fans, who have been very decent for the most part through both series, aside from talk about stick shifts. There's been a bit of aggro (my OTT rant during the first test included), but it's nothing like what you get in the threads when the lesser nations are playing. For that we can all be grateful.
    Thatís interesting. For me the Ashes arenít numero uno, probably because I grew up in an era that wasnít so obsessed with Eng v Aus (which seemed to happen Ď05 onwards) and my favourite and most memorable series remain Ď95 West Indies, Ď01 India and Ď04 India.

Iím thrilled we won but assuming our fast bowlers can stay fit and the team can retain form the prospect of SA v Aus actually has me more excited.
    'It is hard to recall a batsman quite so serene, so unrushed, so unflappable.' Chris Ryan on ... look to the left. Ahhhh.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Just going to be a flat out fast bowling war. So good.
    Yeah, can't wait for the Border Gavaskar too, will be a great battle between the top tier quality pacemen from both sides.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Yeah, can't wait for the Border Gavaskar too, will be a great battle between the top tier quality pacemen from both sides.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Haha so good Daemon.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    If I was you Jono i'd be more concerned about your shower being torn a new one in SA than the ashes series and how the fans have got on.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    OK got that one totally wrong, glad I did though.
    Jono likes this.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Yeah but we never know whether Pakistan is really having a go or not. They seem to give up as soon as they're behind, whether for attitudinal reasons or because it's in their pecuniary interest to do so. And let's be honest, they never win anywhere meaningful away, even when they had a half way decent outfit.

I do like Misbah though.
    You couldn't beat Pakistan in England when they were under Butt, despite him and others trying their best to lose.
    flibbertyjibber likes this.

It's very gracious of Corrin to open this thread because, although he's a ****, I know he pretty well feels the same way I do. Fair play to him, and in fact to most all of the England fans, who have been very decent for the most part through both series, aside from talk about stick shifts. There's been a bit of aggro (my OTT rant during the first test included), but it's nothing like what you get in the threads when the lesser nations are playing. For that we can all be grateful.
    Lol @ the Swann thread.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    You couldn't beat Pakistan in England when they were under Butt, despite him and others trying their best to lose.
    1st Test: Australia v Pakistan at Lord's, Jul 13-16, 2010 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
    ​63*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    It was their first win against Australia since 1995 or something mate, hardly something you'd shout about from rooftops, honestly.

It's certainly been a comprehensive win. Some observations on the team:

Lehman - has from all reports lightened the atmosphere, and brought commonsense back to the table.

Johnson - has bowled straight at the stumps or straight at the body. To me, it was always a Channel Nine myth that he bowled best when he swung the ball back into the right handers (he's only really done this with the white ball). Johnson's X Factor has always been his pace, and in this Series he made the most of this by bowling straight at the stumps or at the body.

Clarke - His batting in the first three Tests was great. I've always thought that his runs are the most valuable thing he can bring to this current team. That said, his captaincy was sound, not so much because of the funky fields, but him not letting things drift.

Warner - he has a genuinely good technique. Like Clarke, his batting in the first three games was outstanding. I think his game is more suited to the truer, faster Australian pitches.

Haddin - What a great series. He certainly proved me wrong. That partnership with Johnson in Brisbane turned the Series. Before that, at 6/103, it was "here we go (down the gurgler) again".
    Last edited by howardj; 29-12-2013 at 11:25 PM.
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

For all that England's performance has been utterly abject, I think every England supporter would have to pay tribute to the outstanding quality of Australia's cricket in this series. Johnson, Haddin and Harris in particular have had the series of their lives. Brilliant stuff, and I would be pleased if England could bounce back from this half as strongly as Oz have from their previous run of poor results.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information