• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Well done Australia

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh there was a thread, I did it in the Test thingy, not going to do it again, as my keyboard may combust in horror.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No but it's such a great prospect to have all those good quicks in the one series.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Just don't expect Amla, Kallis and de Villiers to surrender as meekly as we have for you.
Not sure how much Kallis has left in the tank. Wouldn't be surprised to see him fail if the Australians bowl as well as they have done in the last few games.

Burgey

Absolutely agree, just wonder which ones will be fit enough to take part, all of them hopefully.
Yep.

I don't expect Australia to beat SA in SA, simply because the batting is still too fragile. But assuming the bowlers are fit and firing, they're a chance at a suprise win because if you're taking 20 wickets your're always a shot.

Hooksey

Banned
The astonishing thing for me as a neutral was how quickly it happened.

Boom
Aus won the first test: "Well that's an interesting development! Hey, I always thought Johnson would do better as part of a more consistently threatening attack!"

Boom
Aus bowlers destroyed England's first innings on a flat Adelaide pitch.

"WTF. Ummm, are England going to figure this out in time, or at all?"

Boom
England's batsmen destroyed again.

"Nope, they're not. This series is over. Wow."

The third test seemed to go by more as a formality than anything.

Just such a brutal, shocking kill.
^ Pretty accurate summary.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
So the 5th placed team beat the 3rd placed team. Fantastic achievement by Australia for being genuine underdogs going into the series and then delivering a killer blow. However I wouldn't rank this win any ahead of Pakistan's 3-0 whitewash of Eng in UAE.

The clinical, almost effortless win by Aus shows how volatile the top tier is barring SA. The gap between the top 5 teams haven't been narrower ever. I am not sure that is a testament to "quality" of cricket being played but I prefer a bit of competition and mongrel.

As to England, I think its fair to assume that their purple patch is over. They had a chunk of players who concurrently were in their peaks (Anderson, Swann, KP, Bell, Prior) in terms of age and experience in the last two years, but now they all in all likelihood are past it. If the English mgmt is not careful, having all these chunk of players who are suddenly and collectively on the decline can have a multiplier effect on the team performance which can result in solid whippings like what is happening now.It happened to India when their core which brought them so much glory all descended into terminal decline together (Tendulkar, Sehwag, Laxman, & to some extent Dravid and Gambhir). Some of the current players need a kick up their backside, nothing more effective than having young pretenders gnawing at their neck for their position. Prior desperately needs competition, so does KP and Bell. Management needs to project Panesar as not just backup but a serious competitor for Swann's place and let him know that.

The positives from the series for Eng have been Carberry and Broad. Carberry needs a fair run in the team whereas Broad has been outstanding.

Burgey

Yeah but we never know whether Pakistan is really having a go or not. They seem to give up as soon as they're behind, whether for attitudinal reasons or because it's in their pecuniary interest to do so. And let's be honest, they never win anywhere meaningful away, even when they had a half way decent outfit.

I do like Misbah though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
:laugh: Try and take a joke buddy.

And considering some of the out-and-out bitch fights you've had with Australian fans on this forum, also extreeeeeeeeeeeemely rich of you to say that.

Last edited: