• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Onto 2015

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Really? I think one of the big things that got up the noses after Australia was the hubris around the English players.

Even something like Stuart Broad bringing in the newspaper after Day 1 of the Test series seemed a bit off. Was Warner-esque (doesn't count for him, his "how far ahead of yourself are you?" settings are at max levels, 24/7).
Yeah, that was never going to be a smart move. Beyond that, I don't really know. My impression is one or two of them are ****ier than they should be, but I'm only going on impressions from one or two incidents. Other than that, their public pronouncements have been pretty sensible. Obviously our press have been a different matter, but you'd think the Aus players would know the difference. And I do think the Aus boys have been a bit selective here, given some of what's come out of their camp in recent weeks. Ditto taking offence at Anderson's gobbiness and Broad not walking, of course.

I also think there's a different mentality which means things can be taken very differently by the two camps. I read somewhere the other day about how the 'sprinkler' caused offence 3 years ago. Over here it was just seen as a bit of silliness but over there it seems to have been perceived, by some, as a piss take. I think Swann has a very English sense of humour whioch simply doesn't travel well down under.