• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All hope lost for England now

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The funny (and from an English point of view, probably annoying) thing about the two Ashes series so close to each other is that the England series means **** all now.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope is always the thing that gets you down in the end, so be happy it's disappeared and get some booze down yer.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
This is quite the turn around for Australia. A 4 - 0 drubbing at the hands of India and then 3 - 0 Ashes loss just 4 months ago.

It's like everything has gone right for Oz and wrong for England. England have 4 batsmen with 7 to 8 thousand runs who have failed to fire. You'd have thought at least one of them would have got a big hundred in the 6 innings to date. Also the loss of Trott has not helped.

Watching England play at the moment is like watching NZ play. ;-)

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
This is quite the turn around for Australia. A 4 - 0 drubbing at the hands of India and then 3 - 0 Ashes loss just 4 months ago.
That 3-0 was a bit harsh on Australia, it was more a 3-1 or 2-1 series. The 4-0 in India hurt but some of that side (Wade) played terrible. Its a tide turning series but I don't think as big as it seems to be made out as so far.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Spark

Global Moderator
i dunno. a lot of those wins were pretty facile in terms of the obvious gulf in quality between the sides.

this is the same team who we'd won one test in four years against.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
i dunno. a lot of those wins were pretty facile in terms of the obvious gulf in quality between the sides.

this is the same team who we'd won one test in four years against.
I was thinking the same thing until I saw the teams Oz played. It's not like the wins were against Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and NZ. 4 - 0 vs India, 3 - 0 against SL and 2 - 0 against WI. The only loss was against a very good SA team.

So perhaps it was more like a temporary form slump for Australia. :-)