• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Graeme Swann

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guy has always been an individual and has had a top shelf career so kudos to Swann

Having said that, if this is not injury related then can only assume that atmosphere in English camp is completely toxic as he is still a relatively young man for a spinner

Pothas

Don't really judge him for leaving now but it is a sad way to end. Is is also seriously bad news, his career has coincided with the best era England have had for an long time and he has played such an important role in that.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm shocked by this. Although I really don't understand such harsh criticism. It's pretty clear he's retiring at this stage for unselfish reasons, and I'm almost certain the injuries have a lot to do with it.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CA Digital Media ‏@CricketAus 1m
Swann says his body doesn't cope with the long form of the game anymore. He wants to be a guy who wins matches and can't do it anymore.

gee what a tosser

grecian

I'm being negged by the Twitter account "football Agenda, because I stood up for Swanneh, please help me, I'm going to cry otherwise.

Hooksey

Banned
What an absolute wanker. You don't retire mid series. What an asshole.
If it was done in consultation with Flower and the selectors I would be more supportive of his decision to bail out mid tour.

Not sure if that's the case or not yet?

They'll probably need 2 spinners in Sydney. Pisser Panasar and who?