• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Graeme Swann

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Dobell said in his video that Swann was the most irreplaceable (yeah doesn't entirely make sense but you get his drift) player since Botham. Not far off IMO.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
According to the twatosphere, Swann is quoted as saying some of his team mates have disappeared up their own arses :unsure:

Piers Morgan is going sick about it which is good to see.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
According to the twatosphere, Swann is quoted as saying some of his team mates have disappeared up their own arses :unsure:

Piers Morgan is going sick about it which is good to see.
From what I have seen, he simply mentioned "some players"

Media is trying to beat it up into team-mates and/or KP specifically

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yeah I saw that headline as well and then read the article and it actually doesn't mention team mates at all. Just sensationalist media stuff basically. Just said "some players" as social said.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, still a bit of a strange thing to say on your way out mid-tour.

“Some people playing the game at the minute have no idea how far up their own backsides they are,” Swann said at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Sunday. “It will bite them on the a--e one day and when it does I hope they look back and are embarrassed about how they carry on.”
Link

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
FMD, dunno what to make of any of this now really. A lot more to this than meets the eye me thinks.

If I played in this Boxing Day Test and the Sydney Test it would be to experience them again and go out waving to the Barmy Army as I walked off. That sort of player doesn’t deserve to be in the team. You don’t build teams around guys like that.
Is that a thinly veiled crack at Colly??

There seems to be an "undertone" to a lot of the comments Swanny has been making, or am I reading too much into them?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All will be revealed in 'Swanny - Spinning Tales', summer 2014.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Swann should just leave quietly and make these comments in a year or something. Bit unnecessary.

And those saying well the media are blowing it up bigger than it is. He knows they'd do that. Why say it?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
At the end of the day this is just the icing on the cake for a really ****ed tour for England. Just when you think it can't get any worse...........

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Swann should just leave quietly and make these comments in a year or something. Bit unnecessary.

And those saying well the media are blowing it up bigger than it is. He knows they'd do that. Why say it?
I'm not defending it at all. Just saying that the headlines are factually wrong.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm not defending it at all. Just saying that the headlines are factually wrong.
Yeah fair enough.

This is just odd from Swann. As I said earlier, love the bloke. Something's annoying him though. Guess he's human just like all of us.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Swann probably referring to us with that comment, and with Warner, Watson and Clarke that's a whole raft of circumstantial evidence.